PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!Im going insane in the membrane today

10/26/2008 10:07 AM
momof2rugrats
momof2rugrats  

My kids are driving me crazy

10/26/2008 10:11 AM
momof2rugrats
momof2rugrats  

The keep draggin' junk after junk out and they never put it up.. I wonder why I never can have a freakin' clean house. They are freakin' 9 and 12 years old. They should no to pick up after themselves and they don't. Well, "I" "THINK" they should no to pick up after themselves and they don't. I have to tell them EVERYTHING. And it just gets on my nerves sometimes. I went into the kitchen. And I turn my back for a second. My daughter had my christmas yankee candle burner out and another christmas decoration out??I was like WHAT THE HECK?????????I can't turn my back for a SECOND??????????They wreck my house. They get pottery clay out at 9pm and want to make bowls?And I have to make them clean up their messes or they wouldnt...

Im like, its freakin easier to pick up the messes I tell them... BUT the point is, its harder to stand behind them, telling them and making lists of what is theirs and telling them what to pick up. To make them responsible people and making them pick up their messes OMG

10/26/2008 10:12 AM
momof2rugrats
momof2rugrats  

I NO I NO Welcome to parenting....

10/26/2008 10:15 AM
justrembering
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

I've been there. I got to the point, where if it was in their room, fine, close the door. Anywhere else fair game. Throw away if it's junk. That's what happened in my house. My kids are older, but I rememember those days of messes upon messes. I was a bad parent and never ever let them have play doh. Little itty bitty crumbs of the stuff all over. in the carpet, their clothes, etc. Good Luck today. Sometimes you have to say WTF and leave it be. Christmas is just around the corner. LOL

10/26/2008 10:18 AM
momof2rugrats
momof2rugrats  

OMG, don't remind me..It takes me days to clean up after Xmas LOL

And yeah, we don't do the play dough thing anymore either HAHA. Used to but not anymore. What they have is the pottery clay that is soaked in water because it is so hard???It was messier than freakin play dough LOL

Post edited by: momof2rugrats, at: 10/26/2008 10:18

Post edited by: momof2rugrats, at: 10/26/2008 10:19

10/26/2008 10:22 AM
justrembering
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

Wet clay!!!! Yikes! Put a ban on that for sure.

10/26/2008 11:14 AM
grafxbydiane
grafxbydiane  
VIP Member

momof2rugrats, yes it is much easier for us parents to just clean up after them . then it is is to constantly remind them and have that wear us down . I do this all the time but it is called bitch and moan by nmy son

10/26/2008 11:21 AM
trishy
Trishy  
VIP Member

Mom i am going through the same thing my son will not pick up nothing and he is 13 i have shoes laying in a pile because i refuse to pick them up i close his bedroom door and clean the rest of the house and then when it gets so ban he cant stand it he does clean it. I wish i had some advice but i am going through it to.

10/26/2008 12:12 PM
norma
normaPosts: 10109
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have been there...here is what I came up with that worked. Get a whistle, and give a 10 minute warning to put things away...have a large trash bag ready. Anything left out gets thrown away...a striped referre shirt would be nice to complete your ensemble...

Do this once and you won't have to do it again...they learn quick that you mean business....do it calmly with a smile. Don't yell or be agitated...just the whistle the smile and the trash bag. Eventually, all you will need is to wave the trash bag at them and they will get the idea...although the whistle is a nice touch.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved