MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/16/2010 08:58 AM

my kids are pissing me off

HelpEr82
HelpEr82  

they are driving me nuts. none of them ever listen esp. my psycho 6 yr old! she threw a toy at my 4 yr olds head. i cant take this! my doctor doesnt care that i dont have medication and doesnt know how to help me. tried to see a therapist but the appointment got messed up. i drove for an hour to see them at 4pm on thursday and they didnt put it in the Schedule and made up an appointment the next tuesday at 12 pm and acted as if i was the stupid one. i called them and told them i wasnt gonna drive again for an hour to be turned away!

i cant win here!!!! i just cant win.

10/16/2010 09:01 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am sorry your children are misbehaving. That would drive me crazy, too. I wouldn't stay with a pdoc who would not provide a proper treatment plan including medications. I think you need to look for a new one who will listen to you and treat you accordingly.

Post edited by: uppitywoman, at: 10/16/2010 09:02 AM

10/16/2010 09:29 AM
TheHollow
TheHollow  

I'm sorry about your kids. Mine are that way seemingly every day (I'm not even exaggerating, I think it's just the age they're at) and it doesn't get any easier to deal with, or hasn't as of yet.

I've had almost the exact same thing happen to me with a psychiatrist appointment once, and it made me a complete wreck because I'd been waiting for so long only to be rescheduled and turned away because someone wasn't doing their job. I feel for you!

Why won't your doctor put you on medication? Is he a general practitioner or a psychiatrist? If he's a GP, maybe when you see your therapist next week you could ask for a referral to a doctor who does care and does know how to help. Good luck!

10/16/2010 09:29 AM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

I am sorry you are having a rough time with your children. I know how children can drive you crazy. You have every right to feel like you are not winning. The therapist's office screwed up your appointment and you wasted gas and time to drive over there. I would be upset as well. I agree with uppity that you may consider looking for a new pdoc. Most pdocs realize how important medication is to our over all well being. Why do you think he does not care that you do not have medication? (((hugs))) Take some quiet time to yourself and take some deep breaths. It helps. Hang in there.

10/16/2010 09:35 AM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I'm sorry that all this has happened, take care.

Post edited by: Dit, at: 10/16/2010 12:06 PM

10/16/2010 11:06 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I'd be pissed to about the doctor. I can't believe you drove an hour just to be turned away. That's a bunch of crap. They better get it straight next time. Maybe you should get a new doctor. Why aren't you on medications. If you were you would be able to handle all of this okay. It doesn't make any sense. I'm sorry your kids are driving you up the wall. When they don't mind it's extremely difficult. I get that way when I'm hypo-manic. Very angry and irritated. I hope you can come up with a solution. I'm glad you vented here. It gets things off your chest and we are here to listen and help you even if we are just a sound board. I hope it gets better for you.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved