MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/14/2010 07:39 AM

today's appt.

mimmy
mimmy  

hi guys. I go for another appointmetn with the p-doc today and I honestly don't know what to say. I have all these pics in my mind about what's been happening the past two weeks, but when I try to talk about them I sound stupid(or that I can't get my point across to my own satisfaction) i think I might write some stuff down this time.

Anyway. just thought I'd through that out there because I'm having a really hard time these days and it seems like nothing is getting fixed for more than a day.

my house is a mess, can't bring myself to do anything about it, and I'm starting to have thoughts of planning a roth IRA at the same time thinking I won't be around long enough to enjoy it.

09/14/2010 07:46 AM
TrappedInMyOwnMind
TrappedInMyOwnMind  

I think writing it all down is a great idea. As I type I am doing the same. So I don't forget how I felt 20 days from my appointment. I think it is important that I give my Pdoc the most accurate account of what has been happening since I saw him last. So I give you kudos. Do it.

09/14/2010 07:51 AM
menschenleer

It's so hard to tell your Pdoc what the real deal is. I always end up saying how great I feel the morning of, while days before, I was on the floor bawling. Write it down! I'm trying to document my ups and downs for the month- so my Pdoc can get the truth out of me. Good luck!

09/14/2010 07:53 AM
Sportsnutim
SportsnutimPosts: 138

I have to write many things down or I will forget. I forget almost everything, either the meds or bipolar or ? Not sure about my new meds, stopping Trileptal and going to Abilify slight headache this am not sure if the med or not.

09/14/2010 07:57 AM
mem187

i just wanted to let everybody know that there is a website which is really cool and helpfull.i stardet getting on there in august and plan on printing the results out the next time i go see my pdoc,if they willing to do so they can also subscribe and look your profile up on there computer.

the website i am talking about is moodtracker.com

give it a try i am pretty sure you all will like it.Wink

09/14/2010 08:35 AM
TrappedInMyOwnMind
TrappedInMyOwnMind  

Thanks I just signed up. It is much better than a piece of paper.

09/14/2010 08:52 AM
mem187

you are welcomeSmile

09/14/2010 09:57 AM
treen
treen  

Thanks for supplying this site, I signed up today, and will be updating it every day.

Thanks again,

Trina

09/14/2010 11:16 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

The best thing to do is to write things down between the psychiatrist appointments. This way you don't forget anything. You won't leave anything out. He'll get what's been going on with you for the last month and be able to help you better than you telling him how you have been feeling the last couple of days. I wish you luck at your appointment.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved