MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/10/2008 07:06 AM

loss of interest

jenniferw

Does anyone feel that even with a good day you never are completely yourself? I find myself feeling no emotions-feeling very slowed down as if I could go with doing very little in one day...odd, since before I could think of nothing but work. Now I am to the point that if financially we could handle it I would probably be better off not doing it for a while. I am on Depakote, Trazadone, Lamictal and Cymbalta....I guess maybe before this the high energy great feeling was my "manic". I have never had a spending spree or any of the traits of BP 1 but I'm lost...help

10/10/2008 07:10 AM
puppylover
puppylover  

hi Jennifer and welcome to the group..are these new meds for you? I sometimes feel the same way. I just had a full med change and feeling very happy but yes kinda slowed down a bit I also take the Trazadone.

hugs and we are here for ya....XX Laurie

10/10/2008 07:14 AM
jritchie
jritchie  
VIP Member

Hi Jennifer, welcome! I get like that when I'm depressed. I don't want to do anything! I even have problems when I'm 'stable', but not as bad. I think the meds make me tired.

10/10/2008 07:18 AM
puppylover
puppylover  

one of my meds I take as needed for anxioty and it says it makes ya drowsy. hubby says that I look doped up a little lol

10/10/2008 07:43 AM
ceegee
ceegee  

I feel the same way when I'm on risperadone. my anti-d makes me emotionaless, sometimes I just feel blah

10/10/2008 08:00 AM
QuietDesperation
QuietDesperation  

Hi Jennifer,

Welcome to the group!! I feel this way a lot when I'm depressed. I can press through at work but man it's hard. No motivation or energy. I wish I where manic more often. It always makes me feel more alive.

QD

10/10/2008 08:05 AM
puppylover
puppylover  

with my mania I am happy that I don't have it I am really not nice when I am manic....haven't been manic for about a week and a half feels great

10/10/2008 08:43 AM
Jessy914
SpazyJess  
VIP Member

You're not alone Jennifer. I feel very slowed down when I'm depressed. When I am like that I get frustrated b/c I can't get my thoughts straight and feel stupid at times. I also don't want to do anything when I'm like that. Getting out of the house is an accomplishment when like that. I like many bipolars like the manic high. Now sugar and coffee gives me a little high. Apparently caffiene is bad for us b/c it can induce a manic episode, but I like having coffee, tea and chocolate sometimes and that's something I don't think I could ever give up. I also like it when I feel creative, which comes and goes. Lately I've been quite distractable. I'm not sure how long you've been on your coctail, but you may want to talk to your pdoc about that.

10/10/2008 08:48 AM
Jessy914
SpazyJess  
VIP Member

Almost forgot. As far as the symptoms of BP, you don't have to have all of the symptoms to be classified as BP. I've never had spending spree problems either. However, when I'm bored, I like to buy stuff, but I don't put myself in debt in the process, knock on wood! I also never had problems with not needing sleep when manic. However, I've been severly depressed, irritable, feeling on top of the world when hypomanic (in my case, I'm BPII), etc. I'm more on the depressive side of this disorder. I also experience rapid cycling, but my recent increase in my mood stabilizer (Lamictal) has helped.

Post edited by: Jessy914, at: 10/10/2008 08:55

10/10/2008 08:54 AM
jritchie
jritchie  
VIP Member

Jessy, you make a good point. Not everyone has all the 'classic' symptoms of BP. And since there are (I think) like 5 different kinds of BP, we can have different symptoms. I am BP 1, and rapid cycle, so I can have different symptoms than you, Jessy.

I had money problems several years back (because of an ex husband) so am very careful with money, BUT still have had trouble when manic. Mostly I buy little things that satisfy that 'urge'. STupid stuff I don't really need. And I love the hypomania, but I tend to pop into manic to quickly and it's not fun. It's a paranoid, cranky, scarey thing.

Again, very good point.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved