MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/10/2010 07:08 AM

no one will give me a chance

HelpEr82
HelpEr82  

its really discouraging. im a nurse assistant and i have that certification for 2 years but i have to work as one to keep it. i keep applying everywhere and no one will hire me because i have no experience.

but how does one get experience? that i will never know.

my plan was to be a cna for 2 years and then go to school to be a practical nurse but if i cant even get a job as a cna, it ruins all of my plans for the future.

we currently have a shut off notice for our water and our internet will be getting turned off soon and i feel so helpless. all because no one will give me a chance.

08/10/2010 07:20 AM
stsj
stsj  

thats really odd... where i live there is a outstanding demand for cna;s not even a nursing home wil give you a job?? didnt you have any on the job training that counts?? that sucks so bad, just keep lookin im sure someone will like you Smile

08/10/2010 07:29 AM
HelpEr82
HelpEr82  

all the nursing homes i went to want a year experience. i even volunteered at a nursing home for 4 months 20 hrs a week as an activities assistant and they wouldnt hire me cuz i didnt have a year experience as a cna. thats why i chose a cna is cuz its high in demand

08/10/2010 08:00 AM
getfitwithjohn

have you filling out applications or do you have a resume? A resume is a great tool , you are able to elaborate all of your experiences, and not just be limited to a little box.You may also want to contact the training group you trained with, they should have outplacement.Most do you need to ask. You may also try Jewish Vocational Services, they have a broad spectrum of contacts and may also be able to help.

I am so sorry for your current circumstances,my prayers go out to you and your family , may you weather this storm and come out stronger and healthier.

John

08/10/2010 09:38 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hey help, I'm sorry you are going through with this. I know it's frustrating for you, I can only imagine. Maybe it's the economy? I can see wanting some experience, but you do have the four months, plus you got some experience in school. I hope you are able to find something soon. Keep trying, keep looking online and in that paper, never give up. Something is bound to come up hopefully sooner than later. I wish you all the luck in the world. I will say a prayer for you.

08/10/2010 10:03 AM
norma
normaPosts: 10109
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

See if you can apply somewhere as a sitter. Put an ad in the paper to sit with someone. That may give you experience.

08/10/2010 10:51 AM
mem2078

Tried the County Health Services? They have part time people who go out to people's homes and help them out. It may be part time at 1st but it will put experience in your resume' and it could work out to where you get lots of people asking for you to come more often.

Just a thought. Keep looking under the rocks no one else has turned over.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved