MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/04/2008 11:15 AM

hi!

kimlovesrick
its3amallthetime  

hey everyone! just checking in for the day....actually looking for a place to vent - no one i can really talk toUnsure

10/04/2008 11:34 AM
dstar9
dstar9  

Feel free to vent away, there are lots of people here who can relate! Smile

10/04/2008 11:37 AM
armymom8486
armymom8486  

Hi and welcome to the family! Vent all you want. I do it all the time. Their are usually more people here than their is today, but we all vent at times so feel free. What's up? with all my heart, Jeanne

10/04/2008 12:34 PM
diane38
grafxbydiane  
VIP Member

kimlovesrick

hey welcome to the group

10/04/2008 12:36 PM
kimlovesrick
its3amallthetime  

i guess the biggest thing that bothers me is that my family and friends dont seem to understand that i dont like being this way anymore than they do. if i could just stop it i would, ya know? its not like i wake up every morning thinking gee... wonder how i can screw things up today. ever since i was diagnosed, i have read EVERYTHING that i could get my hands on about bipolar. im not bragging or claiming to be a doctor, but i have learned ALOT. the problem is that my fiance (ex?) misunderstands when i tell him things that ive learned. i guess he thinks that if i know so much about it, and why i do what i do, then isnt any reason that i cant just stop. ya know?

10/04/2008 12:50 PM
diane38
grafxbydiane  
VIP Member

They can only learn as you have about the disorder that is ther only way they can understand ,. I too being a partner of someone with bipolar had to learn and read books as well. yeah clearly he does not understand as we know that it is not something you can cure . It is like a medical illness that can be managed but not cured as i am sure you know . by the way my aunt and cousin suffer with this as well

Post edited by: diane38, at: 10/04/2008 12:59

10/04/2008 06:55 PM
kimminentdanger
kimminentdanger  
VIP Member

Hi Kim! I got here a bit late for your post, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm always around and if you need a sounding board, I'm only a PM away!!!! (private message) Wink

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved