MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/29/2010 01:55 PM

Mania and getting stuff done

zip21
zip21  

From what I have read about mania and hypomania is people getting a lot of stuff done like cleaning their house or what not? I was wondering if this is a required symptom of mania as I don't seem to get that.

For example right now I am definitally hypomanic, but I don't want to do anything but listen to music and more music. It's kind of wierd to explain but when I am hypomanic, high energy music feels really good, as in all my muscles feel really good throughout my body, like better than any massage I have ever had.

I guess what I'm asking, is there any other lazy manic people out there? Laughing

07/29/2010 02:16 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I'm type 2, so I just get hypo-mania. I always don't want to do anything. When I'm hypo-manic I get overly emotional, irritable, have racing thoughts, and anger. I don't get a whole bunch of things done.

07/29/2010 02:23 PM
zip21
zip21  

I was recently changed to NOS, which sounds awesome, like Nitrous Oxide Bipolar!, but I think I just get hypomania as well not mania.

When I am over emotional irritable and angry I was told thats usually a mixed episode

07/29/2010 03:01 PM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

zip21 i'm like you and don't get much done and i too have heard others get a lot of stuff done while manic/hypomanic. Often when i'm hypomanic i'm so busy running all over the place and not getting anything done, i love music too lifts my mood up high. I don't get manic, my meds keep me from getting that high, i'm bp I and i've been manic before yrs ago. I can take an anti-anxiety med if i get too high Klonopin.

Post edited by: Dit, at: 07/29/2010 03:02 PM

07/29/2010 06:32 PM
hunkydorie
hunkydorie  

When hypomanic I don't get much done because I am using up all this energy trying to figure out what to do and how I am going to do it. I get angry, irritable and overemotional. Interesting because I never thought in the past that being hypomanic would mean for me not getting anything accomplished, but it's true as I look back. My meds keep me in track....I think my issue most of the time is fighting a mellow depression.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved