MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/23/2010 09:27 AM

Therapist

Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I finally got an appointment with a psychologist. I am happy, but a little bit nervous. I haven't seen one in a long time. I feel it will benefit me greatly.

I plan on writing down what I want to discuss on a piece of paper so I don't forget once I get in there. I really hope that I like her. She works evenings, so this works out perfect for me. I won't have to take time off of work this way.

Any suggestions going in on this first appointment? I see her on Tuesday night and hope to accomplish a lot. One thing sucks though. My insurance only allows me 12 sessions a year and I feel I need more than that. I am going to try and preauthorize more. Thank you for reading! Cheerful

07/23/2010 10:11 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I saw a therapist years ago when I was in college. I haven't see one since, though since I have PTSD it might be a good idea for me to go. I don't have words of wisdom for you, just well wishes that you like her and feel comfortable talking with her. I also hope you are able to get your insurance company to let you have more sessions. Good luck!

07/23/2010 10:41 AM
blond2much
blond2much  

I can't tell you how worth it is to find the right therapist and psychologist for you. It took me a few times, but I finally found some really good ones. And they have made a world of difference. Good luck with your session!!

07/23/2010 11:55 AM
ikhwan
ikhwan  

Hi Joy Smile

I'm assuming you're seeing a psychologist for some psychotherapy for bipolar disorder? I hope he/she has experience in treating the condition and that he/she is knowledgable in many different types of therapy that is available for you. But I'm sure you've already covered that Smile

I'm certain you're able to handle it Smile Good luck Joy.

07/23/2010 12:02 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I'm seeing the therapist for the bipolar, memory, and relationship issues, and I hear she is really good. Thanks everyone!!

07/23/2010 12:58 PM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Wishing all the best, i've seen therapist off and on over the yrs and they helped me a lot. Good idea to write down things you wish to discuss this way you will not forget important issues. I have not been to my therapist in over one yr and i need to call and make an apt. i feel the need for therapy now too.

07/23/2010 03:19 PM
zeldabelle

I wish you the best of luck with your appointment! I too find it helpful to write things down before I go to an appointment or I tend to forget half of what I wanted to mention.

Chrissie

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved