MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/21/2008 05:06 PM

new to site starting to feel overwhelmed

stjeand
stjeand  

A few weeks ago my therapist said he could no longer see me because of a restructering in the service center I have been going to for about 6 years. He said that there wasn't much more he could do for me!!!!! I wish he could understand that I rely on him to be a sounding board and to help me drain the "venom" or irritation that builds in me. Well, I was starting to be okay with it and could see his point of view, and it made sense. I told myself that if I had a real problem I could still call him and I would be okay. This Wednesday I recieved a phone call and was told that he DIED!!!! After a few days its beginning to weigh on my mind and Im becoming obssessed. Before this happened my friend and I went out and the short story is I got mad and flipped totally out at him and his girlfriend. Later she was txting me and told me all kinds of stuff that I believed like he was doing cocaine and stuff. During the week, he messed with my head for fun and their was a whole bunch of misunderstandings. Well, the reason I describe all this is, with all the turmoil and then my therapist dying. I was a real ass toward him yesterday and now he wont speak to me. I am trying REALLY hard not to spin out of control. Who do I have now to talk to!!!! My friend hates me, my therapist is dead, and I am feeling totally F(*(ed Up....

09/21/2008 05:20 PM
ceegee
ceegee  

you have the group here... there is always someone ready to listen

09/21/2008 05:23 PM
misshummingbird
Frenchie  
VIP Member

DearHeart, Your plate has been so full it sounds, you could feed a third world country. I felt an array of emotions while reading your post, let me say..WELCOME to a place where you CAN drain the venom and vent your irritation, without being judged or critisized, we offer comfort, support, and a caring ear, no matter how overwhelmed you may be.

Secondly, your friend will get over it in time, because in time you will be able to make your friend understand how messing with your head was the worst thing anyone can do to anyone who is going through what you were...if they are any kind of GENUINE friend, this friend WILL come around.

I am sorry to hear about your therapist passing, I know you had a trusting bond there, I will keep this in mind as I add you to my Prayer Requests list I do nightly.

So many good people suffer but there's so many good people here to help you get through it. No one is meant to suffer alone.

Please come back often and let us help you when you need a friend..we are here 24/7. By the way..I love your Avatar..way cool.

Tell us what your hobbies are, etc. Only if you are up to it. I would really like to get to know you. Caring in Ga...

misshummingbird and the

mdjunction family

09/21/2008 05:35 PM
zinnia
zinniaPosts: 3990
VIP Member

wow. it's crisis time for you. when you get to feeling overwhelmed like you are, it seems like nothing will ever get better. mshummingbird is right, though. you can come here and talk things out and there will be a bunch of folks to listen and give advice. it doesn't seem like it now, but eventually, you won't feel so overwhelmed.

i'll be thinking of you and wishing peace for you.

z.

09/21/2008 05:55 PM
justrembering
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

Welcome, sorry you are going thru so much. This place is an awesome place to be. There is always someone here who can help or listen

09/21/2008 06:15 PM
jollyjoe
jollyjoe  
VIP Member

stjeand I know right where your comeing from..I went off my meds for a wk or so..Did not have the money to get them..I pissed my husband off ,got my youngest daughter scared to death to talk to me..And I had to cancell my phycotrist appointment because we did not have the gas..My phycotrist is 2hrs out of town and My physcogist is here in town..I`ve had him nine yrs now..I almost lost him when he decided to retire part-time...He only kept 10 of his patients and I was lucky enough to keep him..I don`t think I could start all over after 9yrs..He is like my best friend..He can read me as well as my husband..I would not be able to live with out him or handle a change right now or maybe ever..

09/21/2008 06:51 PM
stjeand
stjeand  

Hey my friend is great he just txted me and said he stopped talking to me cause of how I was acting. It did help me realize how I was screwing up...The worst part of the disorder is NOT always seeing my behavior clearly . I would really like to know if anyone else has a problem recognizing when they are not acting like their "normal" selves. Once that happens I usually can get a grip either by being alone or finding a person to sound off of.

09/21/2008 07:07 PM
jollyjoe
jollyjoe  
VIP Member

If they are not willing to help you thru this ruff patch..Are you sure you need them..You take meds going off them on purpose or not haveing money we need all the support we need ..Not crappy news like I`m not your friend anymore...It is very hard to maintain when you come of your meds..

09/21/2008 07:10 PM
ceegee
ceegee  

I don't really know that I am not acting myself until either someone points it out or afterwards when i am alone and have time to think about it... sometimes its a few days later and then it will dawn on me... that sucks

09/21/2008 07:15 PM
jollyjoe
jollyjoe  
VIP Member

dAre you high or low on the emotion scale..

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved