MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/16/2010 05:47 PM

Cycling every 4-5 days

BPB
BPB  

Been depressed and non-functioning the past 4 days. Ready for the hosptial I think If I don't wake up tomorrow in a half way decent mood. I seee my therapist and my nurse practitioner tomorrrow and I am afraid to tell them how I am feeling. Not sleeping well although I;m exhaushted, no motivastion no happiness or joy in anything including family or hobbies. Everything I eat tastes like styrofoam or cardboard-no real taste or joy in food just fuel......... Don't want to bathe, would prefer a catherter to to going to the bathroom........ Chores are a necessaity because of my OCD can't have a dirty liter box or dishes in the sink. But my ass can stink!!!!!! Then I'm Ok for a week or so then BAM I'm down and oyut again!! Help!!!!!W00t

06/16/2010 07:11 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I think when you go to see your doctors that you should tell them exactly what you are feeling. They can help you this way. You shouldn't be going through this so much if you are taking medications. You just don't plain feel good at all. Get the care you are needing by telling them. Drink some tea before bed and take a bath, it might make you feel better. Hope you feel better soon. Stay strong. Hugs

06/16/2010 08:07 PM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

You are doing all the right things, one is seeing a therapist. Good to hear you have apts with your therapist & the nurse practioner tomorrow. As Joy already stated, you need to tell them everything, your meds may need to be tweaked. I had my Lithium dosage go up 150 mgs 3 months ago b/c of too many mood-swings, i fought it for quite a while and then finally, i could not take the highs & lows daily anymore. Now i feel better.

Wishing you wellness, take care and keep us updated if you can, we care and are here for you.

06/17/2010 06:13 AM
BPB
BPB  

Even though I take my meds I have "situation" in my life that are causing me stress. One is my daughter moving out of the house and living here alone. I am just not adjussting to the "empty nest" very well. Second is finanical-I have lost money with her moving out and my SS just doesn't get me by the month. Third is my living situation my kids don't like my neighborhood and willnot come by to visit or think of coming back home as long as I live where I do. It has become a run down area although I keep my prperty pristine and looks out of sorts in comparison to the others around me. I think alot of this is situational-but the cycling is driving me nuts-I never know what kind of moodd I'm going to wake up to and I find it difficult to change my mood once I am depressed. Cried off/on all day yesterday until I fell into a heap in bed and slept into oblivion until 9 am. Now I have to move to get ready to catch the bus to my appointment. Just wanted to hear you guys advice, and yes I will talk honestly with my therapist and my nurse today and I agree I think I need tweaked!!!!! Thanks for caring and you advice. Hugs, Carol

06/17/2010 09:50 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Yes, you need tweaked!! All this that is going on with you doesn't help you at all!! I'm sorry this is happening. Is your neighborhood dangerous? I can't imagine the kids not wanting to see you at the house. Your daughter leaving is going to leave you lonely which you know. Maybe you could call up some old friends, volunteer, take up reading. You could also look for some group of friends on meetup.com. There are groups on there that you could join according to what you like in your area. I hope the appointments go well for you and will look for your update. Keep strong. Hugs

06/17/2010 10:23 PM
BPB
BPB  

Yes I got "tweakedd" the docto increased my Pristiq and my Toapamax and increased my Klonopin at night for sleep. My neighborhood has become progressivly a "ghetto" over the past two years. I used to livve on a respectable street and now the rental agents are taking in "undesiraberables' section 8, with unruley kids, pitbulls, and not caring about themselves or their neighborhors. The party all damned night, loud music, loud partying, yelling and screaming, letting there animals run free pissing in my gardens and I have had about enought without getting into world war 3. My kids think it is below me to live here and they won't keep coming back tothis neighborhood cause it is depressing and rundown except for my property. I need to move but afraid of what it involves-the emotional upset is enough but I need a fire under my butt to change things in my life and this may be the thing to do it. I need to be closer to my childt=rena dn my grandson to spend more time with them and to get out and make dexent friends and not fly by night ones. My hterpaist is going to help me learn to trust again to tyr and make new friends and she ant sme to go to AA and hang with the woman-don't know how I feel abbout that. But At this point I'm ready to try anything. Hugs, Carol

06/18/2010 07:45 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Glad you got tweaked and hope it works well for you. I'm sorry your neighborhood is getting run down with terrible people. A change may be safe for you to do. I wouldn't want to live around people like that. It's so sad that nice neighborhoods turn out this way. I'm glad you are going through with your therapist to gain trust again. I hope you feel lots better. Stay strong. Hugs

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved