MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/22/2010 10:18 AM

Feeling like a fake(page 2)

YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I'd just like to point out that chronic feelings of emptiness are a symptom of Borderline Personality Disorder which is very similar to bipolar and is even comorbid with it sometimes. We have a BPD support group here on MDJ.

Lack of motivation can be a symptom of depression, or exhaustion or even Lithium can cause it. Your question may not have a straightforward answer.

Post edited by: YorkieLove, at: 05/22/2010 10:20 AM

05/22/2010 11:21 AM
ladymlee

I always still have an empty feeling inside of me, no matter if my therapy seems to be working or not. I just always thought it was the bipolar depression lurking under the surface, but I don't know.

If therapy doesn't seem to be helping, you might want to consider trying a new therapist. I've been in therapy for the last 10 years straight, and for 30 years off and on before that. I guess it has helped because I've made progress, but any time I've gotten "stuck," if what I'm doing isn't working, I try something or someone new with regard to therapy.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved