MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/10/2010 04:53 PM

when do you know you have cut too much?

djb710
djb710  

I have always shown my emotions in self injury or damaging way. Either by punching things till my hands were raw meat or smashing my head till i would knock myself out and ofcourse by cutting. I am in such a mood for the past week that I just can't stop doing it, i'm cutting on my shoulders and legs, with a blade, and i'm already cutting over old slices because of lack of space. I've spoken to my therapist and pdoc about it and they haven't said anything, well my therapist said be careful cuz it can become addictive. I'm starting to go deeper now . I'm just at a loss right now and would appreciate any help on the subject.

05/10/2010 05:09 PM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

You may want to consider going to ER, its not good to be cutting deeper. I know you shared that cutting is a way for you to cope but we all know that its very self-destructive and you will be hurting physically after too. Is there anyone you can reach out to that can help stop you from doing this to yourself, maybe they can go to the hospital with you.

I'm glad you are reaching out and posting here, keep letting us know how you are doing. I wish you peace.

05/10/2010 05:17 PM
djb710
djb710  

after reaching out to my therapist and pdoc , i kinda feel pissed, i offered to show my therapist and she wanted none of it. My pdoc just jumped over the subject. I feel like clawing out of my skin and this is all that helps. The only other person I can talk to is my wife and she doesn't need this shit now, she's got enough going on.

05/10/2010 05:28 PM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I'm so sorry to hear the way your tdoc & pdoc reacted to you about your cutting, that is malpractice.

You mentioned your wife "doesn't need this shit and has already enough going on"...well, don't you think you are not going thru enough right now too? I know sometimes its hard to reach out but i'm sure your wife would be there for you, not sure if i'm correct here or not.

Or even better, go to ER now and there will be someone there you can talk to. You need to look after yourself, your wife and son need you and need you well.

05/10/2010 05:34 PM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I'm guessing your wife is resting. What's stopping you from going to the ER? You can keep posting, we are here for you.

05/10/2010 08:24 PM
Tom83404
Tom83404  

cutting once is too much. Cutting is a matter of control for people who feel they can't control their own lives. Discover what it is that you can not control but want to and address that...you may find you don't need to cut anymore.

05/11/2010 02:13 AM
djb710
djb710  

Last night I sucked up my pride and discussed and showed my wife how I have been dealing with all my stresses and emotions. She was very supportive and has promised to help me in every way that she can. I feel much better now, since it seemed too have become a burden that I was hiding from the world.

05/11/2010 06:53 AM
santos63
santos63  

I think you need to go inpatient to get this issue under control and also need to report your pdoc and therapist to their licensing boards, respectively. ASAP.

05/12/2010 01:48 PM
batty

I cut too. I havent done it in a few months. My family doesnt understand it. I dont know how to explain it. I hope you will be safe and ok.

05/12/2010 01:57 PM
YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have heard of two different ways to handle this. One is wear a rubber band around your wrist and snap it whenever you want to cut. The second is to hold ice cubes in your hands as long as you can when you feel the urge to cut.

I hope that these helps.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved