MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/05/2010 02:35 AM

Humming syndrome....

Josouth
Josouth  

Hi, does anyone else on here suffer with constant humming so much that it actually annoys oneself and those around them. I spose its not soo bad to do this but i dont know why i do it and i go through periods of it and then not for some time. Any help or ideas why i am doing this please?Whistling

05/05/2010 03:40 AM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

Maybe you are a bee? LOL Welcome to MDJunction and to the group!

05/05/2010 04:32 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I've not had that problem, but you could try wearing a rubber band on your wrist and snapping it every time you catch yourself humming. It may or may not help if it it isn't something you can control, but you might give it a try.

05/05/2010 04:57 AM
DonnaLynne

YES!!! I chalk it up to shaking my foot when trying to sleep. It is a soother or a distractor, but either way when you know you are doing it and start to pay attention to yourself,,,,,,,boy that is more annoying then hearing the misquito in your ear, and never getting it.

My retarded clients were always told not to rock back and forth, i always let them, it 'is' soothing.

Humming, or getting one line stuck in your head of a song,,,,,,i was told if you can get the lyrics you keep getting stuck out then the song goes away, tell that to my brain when i sang the stupid commericial jingle like five hundred times that day, and say, Donna, enough is enough, we get it,,,,,,,,,,,shut up, others have to say hush, as i am not as nice upon hearing shut up by them.

unless vets, then they say shut the fxxx up, then i say oops,,,

wolf

05/05/2010 04:58 AM
DonnaLynne

then we can make a bee hive,,,,,,,,,cool,,,,,,,i don't want to be queen bee though, i'm more the worker type myself.

wolf

05/05/2010 04:59 AM
DonnaLynne

and humming doesn't have lyrics,,,,,,,,ugh!!!

05/05/2010 07:45 AM
danzig

Hehe I hum all the time but do it so lowly when I sense soemone hears Ill stop but sure enough Ill start doing it again few minutes later and not even notice. As a kid I did it alot playing a videogame, my aunt or mom would hear something walk into room and there I would be with game controller moving whatever avatar on the screen all the while loudly enhancing every hit, move etc with motor sounding type hum. Never even knew I did it, I tried to make myself stuff once aware of it but even til this day I find myself doing it.

05/06/2010 01:38 AM
Josouth
Josouth  

LOL I am still doing it today aaahhhh, about 3 or 4th day on the trott!!! The rubber band may come out at some point if it doesnt stop, sounds a bit ouchy though, but which is more painful? i will have to try it do decide!!! I dont mind being the queen, i will be a good one, but beheading me may be an option!!! Danzig, i find i even humm between sentences, when speaking with someone, but only seems to be when i trust them. Wolf, its definately a comfort thing, yes like rocking, i could humm and your clients could rock to the hum, what a bunch of hum rockers we'd be!!! Thanks for the replies, so welcome, xx

05/06/2010 02:00 AM
DonnaLynne

Yes, it sounds like you haven't had much nurturing as a child, and are doing things to nurture yourself, a very valuable gift, until it goes to far.

Try praising yourself with maybe toys,that you can play with (this is to give attention to the inner child, not having the best of childhood's, i read to do what the inner child wants including buying toys) i play with the toy until i annoy myself, or most likely others, when i hear, i'll break that thing, i 'knnow its time to give it to the next immediate child i see. tee hee

Then do things for the different stages of growing up, like something artsy for the nine year old, something cool for the 11 year old and up.

You'll notice one stage that needs the most attention doing this, and that is where the humming most likely started,,,,,,

let's all take a trip to toys r us ,,,,,,, i know the jingle and sing it all the time.

And thanks for being the queen, i will bring you home the most colorful of pollin, you can use it to feed the future hummers.

And my kids, (retarded adults) remember everything i ever did for them, we all had a blast, they would love to rock to our hum,,,,

cheers,

words to think upon, take all good info in life, and throw out the info not needed, like jingles,,,,,of products i'd never use, except going to toys r us, kids get jealous cause i can afford anything i want, and i don't have a mommy to whine to, and i say how cool its gonna be when i get home, chalk one up for the adult kids,,,,,,,i have my own allowance, the gov't pays me not to go out and irritate others.

tee hee

wolf

05/07/2010 06:47 PM
SunshineChk03
SunshineChk03  

I rock myself back and forth a lot. In fact as I was reading this post and came across the line of "rocking back and forth" I realized I was doing it. I have also hummed, shake a foot, constantly bounce my leg, etc.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved