MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/03/2010 08:31 AM

How much coffee is ok?

ApRiLGeTsAngry77

I have been missing out! I just got a iced mocha from McDonalds and man it gave me energy! I only drink iced coffee. I thnk about the people that drink coffee all day or drink coffee in the afternoon. Do they know something I don't?

How can they drink a hot liquid in the summer time? Do you think they put up with the warmth just to get the energy buzz or do you think they really enjoy drinking hot stuff in the summer?

How much coffee is ok to drink? Is there a way to make iced cofeee at home? How the hell do you make coffee anyways? Can I make it and just add ice? How much sugar do I put in it? What about milk? Does that go in it?

COffee COffee COffee!!!

05/03/2010 09:08 AM
jdw
jdw  

You are too funny! lol I'm a big coffee drinker. Though I've heard it's not great for us with BP, I find it helps when my meds make me sleepy. My husband teases me because I put so much junk in mine, he says I don't really like coffee, I like cream & sugar with a little coffee in it. I make it @ home, 1tbsp coffee for every 2c water, use fat free french vanilla coffeemate and splenda (like sugar but without all the calories) and, if you use enough creamer, that makes it taste more like the stuff you get at McD's or starbucks but it's ALOT cheaper. Smile And yes, you can just throw ice in it in the summer time.

Post edited by: jdw, at: 05/03/2010 09:08 AM

05/03/2010 09:46 AM
cptblack
cptblack  
VIP Member

After you drink so much coffee your body adjusts some and you won't get 'the buzz' off of it. But I have to not have my coffee for some blood test and let me tell you I'm lucky to get there with my pants on!

I limit myself to one pot or so a day. I might change over to Decaf if it's cold and I just want the flavor. I have a neighbor who must drink 3 to 5 pots a day. We call him "The Leperchan" because of the way he is always ready to go scampering off to do something. Always on the move he is. He's in AA and I think they just trade they're booze for coffee.

05/03/2010 09:26 PM
Tom83404
Tom83404  

Well my off the cuff answer is knowing you the little bit that I know, I think ANY amount of coffee could be too much for you...your naturally high strung...coffee in you...SCARY

05/04/2010 02:11 AM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

LOL Tom

You are the greatest!

Thanks everyone!

05/04/2010 02:19 AM
DonnaLynne

Dr. Kazdan the doctor i worked for said it's as good as water if you drink enough for fluids, that said, it may make any anti anxiety a little lesser an effect......if none taken, drink away,,,,,mmmmm

making some now, extra dark,,,,,,xanax, don' t be jealous, hun.

wolf

great question btw

05/04/2010 02:20 AM
DonnaLynne

oh and watch the sugar count,,,,,,,that can drop you after you stop and plunge ya down into exhaustion,,,,,,,if this happens, better off making it at home with the new fangled creamers they have.

05/04/2010 05:09 AM
luvmy3boys
luvmy3boys  

I love coffee, couldn't live without it. I brew a pot at night and stick it in the fridge for the morning. I drink ice coffee year round. A whole pot lasts me two days, so I don't think I go overboard. My favorite right now when I do go out for it is the Dunkin Donuts iced mocha. I love Starbucks too. If you're watching calories though, check the nutrition facts. Some of them could be 300 calories or more.

05/04/2010 05:20 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am totally addicted. I have been coffee since I was 12 years old, a very very long time ago. A day without coffee is a day is a miserable day. The only time I stopped was while I was pregnant. It wasn't easy but I didn't want my baby addicted before he saw the light of day. I used to drink about a pot and a half a day. I have cut way back to 3-4 cups a day because I have extreme insomnia. It does help. If it keeps you awake, then it is too much. If it gets you jittery, then it is too much. Otherwise enjoy!! Java is the best!

05/04/2010 05:23 AM
hunkydorie
hunkydorie  

Hi April:

Sometimes I will order a French Vanilla ice coffee at Dunkin Donuts and afterwards I will save the cup so that I can make my own iced coffee. I just brew a pot of coffee, put lots of ice in cup and slowly pour the coffee into the cup. I do use french vanilla creamer, but use splenda instead of sugar. I don't know how many calories the drink actually is, but I don't think it's a lot. I just looked on the coffee creamer container and it says 35 cals for 1 tblsp so that's not bad. Enjoy your iced coffee!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved