MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/19/2010 03:45 AM

how long does Temazepam last?

Chainer
Chainer  

so my doc gave me Tamazepam to help me sleep, I'm on a 10mg dosage I was wondering does anyone know how long the effects are supposed to last?

04/19/2010 05:30 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I take 30, sometimes 60, though. I find 30 knocks me right out and keeps me out for around 5 hours but I sometimes wake up repeatedly, hence taking 60, but the issue for me is the awful hangover that keeps me in a fog for hours after I get up when I take 60. It affects my performance at work it's so bad. Now I am combining Ambien CR with 30 mg of Tamazepam and seem to be doing pretty well, still some waking up, but I am sleeping better overall and feel more rested, though now I have strange dreams. Not nightmares, just really weird and I wasn't much of a dreamer before.

04/21/2010 04:18 AM
Chainer
Chainer  

thanks for your help, like I said I'm only on 10mg, It seems to be the right balance for me, I'm trying to avoid taking them every night thyough and only when I need to.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved