MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/11/2010 08:11 AM

More questions about mood stabilizers

TenaceFemme
TenaceFemme  

Ok so it becoming apperant to me that I cannot handle antiphyscotics so im curouis to know more about mood stabilizers especially carbominzipine(sp) and how people tolerated them. thanks for any inputs.

03/11/2010 10:04 AM
santos63
santos63  

I use Seroquel for a mood stabilizer, although it is an antipsychotic.

03/11/2010 12:50 PM
Lrose35
Lrose35  

I just switched off of Geodon for Invega yesterday. So far I am not having any weird side effects from being off the Geodon. I also take Lamictal for a mood stabilizer. It seems to have really helped me.

03/11/2010 02:20 PM
TenaceFemme
TenaceFemme  

I have been trying invega and been getting the horrible munchies and really tired feeling, also I seem to get really agitated with all the antiphysciotics like I cant sit still ever ever!

03/11/2010 06:58 PM
marisaH
marisaHPosts: 357

Lamictal works great for me. No side effects so far. I do take Seroquel too though. I think they work well together.

03/11/2010 09:32 PM
moparvixen
moparvixen  

I also use lamictal and I love it. I'm on 200 mg a day. I now take a generic form to save money but other than that this medication is my life saver. I used to take it with effexor xr but went off the anti-depressant to try to loose weight. I didn't loose weight, actually I've gained weight over the years, and the past few months have been thinking of getting onto an anti-depressant. I just haven't spoken to my doctor about it yet.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved