MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/10/2010 05:53 PM

being pulled in 20 directions!

elising
elising  

I feel like I am being pulled in 20 different directions. Everyone wants something. I am not sure how to explain this feeling. I need to pay several bills and they all say they are important. My mother bounced a check to my dentist that I have to cover which I do not have. I have to pay other bills and they all want it now. So I feel so overwhelmed I do not want to do anything, even that I know that I can't do that. But that is how I feel. I want to call my pdoc but can't afford to go to him until next month on my regular appt. I totally feel like I am losing it and do not know what to do anymore. I do not even know if any of this makes sense. I am in a middle of an anixiety attack so that is helping. I just feel like a loser. So I am sorry that i am rambling but I do not know how else express myself.

03/10/2010 06:18 PM
CynthiaJ

I know exactly how you feel! Sometimes, I'll make the dr appt and see if they'll let me run a balance at the office. Maybe that will help you focus and calm down enough to sort through the other things you have going on. With some of the other bills, you may be able to pay partials. Call the companies. If you send something and they know that you're making an effort, they are sometimes understanding. Take care of yourself first. Without you, nothing else matters. Be well. Keep writing and let us know how you're doing. You're not alone.

~Cynthia

03/10/2010 06:41 PM
elising
elising  

I will and I am going to try that. It is just sometimes so overwhelming. Sometimes I just wish I was normal, what ever that is. lol

03/11/2010 08:02 AM
MixedEmotions143
MixedEmotions143  

Are you working? One thing my mom has always told me that really helps me is the bills will eventually get paid. They may be late and it may take time but they will get paid. I get overwhelmed and stressed too with all of my obligations and bills. I think of what she says and I take one bill at a time and pay what I can when I can. Sometimes they are late but she was right...they will get paid. There is only so much you can do!

03/11/2010 10:52 AM
elising
elising  

I like that thank you. It is just when they start calling and threating you. YOu get the desperate feeling.

03/11/2010 12:04 PM
marisaH
marisaHPosts: 357

You do have rights. If you have a lot of bills u can consider consumer credit counseling. They will contact all of your creditors and negotiate on your behalf-they will then consolidate all of your bills into one payment. This will actually lower the amount u owe and get them off your back. You can go to NFCC.ORG to find a cccs office near your. They provide credit counseling service for free and a debt management program at a low cost (less than $50) depending on your state. It really helps to have only one bill to pay and I know people who have paid off all their debt this way. welli I hope this helps- *hugs*

03/11/2010 12:47 PM
Lrose35
Lrose35  

I am late on my credit cards this month and my student loan but the mortgage needed paid first.

03/11/2010 05:28 PM
MixedEmotions143
MixedEmotions143  

Just dont go with any company that says they can settle for you those are bad news!

03/12/2010 09:46 AM
santos63
santos63  

You can call the companies yourself, explain your situation and negotiate a lower ayment that will make it more manageable for you.

03/12/2010 09:59 AM
cptblack
cptblack  
VIP Member

Plus tell them when they call "I am robbing Peter to pay Paul. If you keep calling you will become Peter". You can negotiate from there. Plus there is a thing called Telephonic Harassment. If they don't play by the rules you can get them in hot water.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved