MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/04/2010 04:01 PM

# of medicaid prescriptions at one drug store

capecod84
capecod84  

I just went to get my new prescription of Lamictal filled which I desparately need and my regular pharmacy was out. They said I would have to wait until tomorrow and it is supposed to snow here and I might not be able to get out. Keep in mind this is replacing abilify. So I went to get the prescription filled at another pharmacy and they told me medicaid would only allow me to get the prescription at the first pharmacy which was out. Now I am stuck. Don't know what to do. If it snows and I don't get my med I could end up in the hospital. Has anyone ever heard of this with medicaid?

02/04/2010 04:36 PM
auntie60
auntie60  

I don't know about Medicaid but have you thought of the Drug Companies. All you do is have a Doctor work with you, it goes strictly by your income. My limectial is mailed to me. NC. The Doctor only writes a few lines and the RX's

Dean

02/04/2010 04:53 PM
capecod84
capecod84  

They actually have the system set up where you can't get a med in an emergency.

02/05/2010 02:40 AM
Lrose35
Lrose35  

Each state is different in medicaid. I know that there are two types of Medicaid for the county I live in. One that is not accepted by my daughters doctors, and one that is. So I guess it depends on which medicaid is accepted at which store. However, they should have given you enough at the second pharmacy to get you through until the first phamacy can fill your script. That is what they are supposed to do.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved