MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/01/2010 02:11 PM

Does anyone else see shadows?

carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been seeing shadows, most of the time just catching them out of the corner of my eye, some are just a blur of someone going by, other times it's a bug crawling, I look to smack the bug and he isn't there. I check outside and there is no one there, beginning to feel paranoid, haven't felt like this or seen shadows like this since I was drinking and drugging several years back.

02/01/2010 02:19 PM
YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I've seen them before when I was manic. The only true mania I've ever had and it was med induced.

I saw shadow people flying across windows, usually from the corners of my eyes.

02/01/2010 03:08 PM
carmen33
carmen33  
VIP Member

Thanks Yorkie, if it is a med induced thing, I am wondering which one? I take a new depression medication and have just added lorazepam, for helping me sleep, I've taken the lorazepam before as a mental med..something to help keep me from killing a brother and blowing up the planet.

I just hate feeling paranoid, the people are more passing by, than flying..like you would see out a apt window as people walk by, I live in SC, so bugs are a accepted part of the world here.. I keep reminding myself, to not be paranoid, but it's hard sometimes, thought that I was seeing things once before, like being followed, turned out it was true, one of my ex boyfriends were whacked out on speed and was tailing me.

Will have to talk with the doctor about this, see if maybe it is a med thing, hate to change up the mix, but will if I have too.

02/01/2010 03:18 PM
YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

An antidepressant and maybe even a stimulant can cause it. In my case I was given both. It was before I was diagnosed.

02/01/2010 03:43 PM
Lrose35
Lrose35  

I catch a shadow every now and then out of the corner of my eye. I dont seem to be having any other symptoms though. I just think my house is haunted. LOL

02/01/2010 04:06 PM
DinoDarius
DinoDarius  

I see shadows sometimes too. It's just out the corner of my eye though...

02/01/2010 04:31 PM
bipolarnotcrazy
bipolarnotcrazy  

I see shadows, mostly when manic and slightly paranoid though.

02/01/2010 04:57 PM
Flash
Flash  

all the time even people ..

02/01/2010 05:17 PM
TexasYankee
TexasYankee  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I see shadows out of the corner of my eyes too. And the "bug" thing too. It makes me crazy. Not paranoid, just annoyed. Here I thought it was just me. I have astigmatism though so that may be part of it too. Not sure. It hasn't been bad enough to warrant talking to my doc about yet.

02/01/2010 05:29 PM
cptblack
cptblack  
VIP Member

I've seen shadows for years, going back at least 10. When I was in the Domicillary at Leavenworth V.A. I'd see full figures in broad daylight when I 'scanned the courtyard' while coming out a door. I'd scan back because something registered as wrong and they would be gone. I wrote it off to the giant Veteran's cemetary there.

Lately it was rat or mouse sized ones darting around corners in my house. But now that my mouse traps have gotten a few mice I wonder.

PS: My 2nd son who is perfectly 'normal' has seen them too. We saw the same ones at the same time more than once. His wife and him have seen them together too.

Post edited by: cptblack, at: 02/01/2010 05:44 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved