MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/16/2011 05:20 AM

Whats the craziest thing you ever did when manic(page 4)

ZadieBlue
ZadieBluePosts: 4547
VIP Member

I put on a fabulous dress, went to a slightly seedy bar, yadda yadda yadda convinced a bunch of guys that I was a prostitute, costing $700 / hour. NOTE: I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING SEXUAL, and no money changed hands (they were way too broke lol). I can be an incredible actress when manic. My goal was to see how they'd react. They asked me about my life of prostitution and I told them I was making $200,000 a year. Got free drinks. Got out of there with absolutely no negative consequences. It was Hella fun!

When I was ages 18-24 (totally unmedicated, self-medicating) I did a lot of stupid things. There were a lot of men. I'll stop right there.

Zadie

08/16/2011 07:44 AM
hope7951
hope7951  

I left work, went home and packed my clothes, a cat and a bicycle and then went to a realtor and purchased a small house, all in less than an hour. BTW, don't ever go off meds and do this. It took years to straighten out my finances and recover creibility again after. mania may seem fun at the time, but under the courts you are 100% responsible for what you do, buy, harm. I never stopped taking all my meds as prescribed again and now 29 years later, I am proud of my stability and the life I rebuilt.

08/16/2011 08:24 AM
cptblack
cptblack  
VIP Member

When I went "Around the Bend" before hospitalized and (Finally!) diagnosed correctly I packed my clothes in my car, moved in with a much younger woman and just abandoned my wife. Later I realized she was already working on a divorce (It was the only way this Women's Support organization would help her get a house) but it was so out of character for me.

I burned so many bridges in my life during that period I made Sherman's March thru the countryside look like one Zippo at a rock concert. My oldest son still doesn't want anything to do with me some 10 years later. I'm also Persona Non Gratis at maternal family reunions.

And I got banned from the track for a month for the "Surfing Incident". I was the only one in the car when I did it! Shocked

08/16/2011 04:23 PM
princess680
princess680  

i once took a taxi to the airport with an overnight bag and flew to mexico for three days. never told a blessed soul.....talk about impulsive!

08/16/2011 05:12 PM
YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

When hypersexual I did some out of character things on webcam with guys I barely knew. When one of them contacts me now, I ashamedly tell them that I acted out of character and I don't do that stuff anymore. I deleted my profile on that website and rarely go to Messenger to avoid all of that.

08/16/2011 06:26 PM
barelymanic
barelymanic  
VIP Member

Don't know how but I do manage to keep my rage tightly locked up. All of my destructive behavior is self destructive. The worse I ever did was get drunk at a nigh club and hook up with a guy i didn't find attractive in the least. I was just too buzzed to do anything. He did threaten my life and safety, but somehow my guardian angel was watching out for me and he ended up taking me home in the morning and everything was okay.

Just crazy to go to hotels with total strangers especially when you are drunk off your a**.

08/16/2011 07:59 PM
BaubleBable

hate to say it but some of these stories are funny! i guess its just bc i can relate...

hypomanic me...

the craziest?? hmmm not sure.. i tried to fight a girl over a bf, drank entirely way too much too often, dropped tooo many classes in college, thought i was a lesbian, took benzos and drank, went into work 6 hours late and still thought i was awesome at my job, spend hella $$$ that i didnt have, spent all my financial aid (during multiple semesters) in a few months then couldnt pay rent/bills, drank and drove all the time, i was a stoner, got arrested twice and almost got charged with felonies - twice.

PRAISE JESUS this is not **ME**. This was just me being hypomanic...

i was a hot mess.

08/16/2011 09:50 PM
lisaellen
lisaellen  

Umm... after reading all of these stories about taking off to the other side...I am now wondering if I actual have done that....I woke up one morning, with an epithany I had to move to Melbourne and form a band and so I just decided to move to Melbourne from Far North Queensland... Australia is a big place. So I quit my job, I packed me and mine up disrupted there schooling and moved within two weeks of my empithany. My family were not happy with me but I was going and that was it. I had no house to move into, no job, no family and only 2 freinds who are not entirely lifers if you get me, more like fair weather freinds. I think I too have had a guardian angel too,I met a guy we formed a band we play our first gig on the 16th of September and I have made new freinds. So my mania has led to new horizons but not with out costs my eldest daughter moved back to NQ to be with her friends and I have fudged her shcooling up by pulling her out in the middle of her second last year. I hope she goes back.

08/16/2011 10:54 PM
randomeddie
randomeddie  

Craziest thing I ever did while 'manic' was to have a girl over to my apartment I'd only known through the internet who I had unprotected sex and tried heroin with (which I subsequently became addicted). There were numerous other crazy events during most of my manic states, but that ranks as the most irresponsible...and I'm not proud.

08/18/2011 08:51 PM
BaubleBable

oh i forgot something... i pulled a britney and shaved my head. then bleached my hair, dyed it hot pink and wore it spikey.

"I'm so lonely,

that's okay,

I shaved my head,

and I'm not sad..."

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 4 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved