MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/22/2008 02:03 PM

Bad day or BP?

golferel
golferel  

Hi all, I have to be honest in the fact that I honestly cannot tell the difference in a bad day or the realization that the BP monster is rearing its ugly head. Before diagnosis, I just assumed I was in a foul mood, not quite understanding why it lasted so longShocked Now I feel that tiny short in my fuse fray, patience and understanding slipping away and frustration with people who are not in agreement with me...pretty arrogant and all encompassing, huh? Devil It must be the BP because I have felt myself withdraw again. Wanting to take a nap or simply turn off my brain and watch a movie. Been a bit teary too.Sad

How do you guys know when to ride it out or call the pdoc? It has only been a couple of days, but I know most of you know how a couple of days feel when you are BP.Dizzy

Plus rainy, cloudy, and heavy here. Are you all affected by the weather? I seem especially susceptible to Mother Nature. I remember reading on this site somewhere about BP seasons and I wonder if I am in oneAngry

06/22/2008 02:14 PM
KrissyH
KrissyH  

Hi Golf, I've been in that kind of mood for awhile now. Ended up taking a week off work and taking some ME time. Rainy days are great for watching a movie or reading a book. I told my husband once, if he didn't want me being crabby, stay away from me. He's gotten real good about it. If you want to cry, then cry! It's a great release. Hugggs

06/22/2008 04:09 PM
norma
normaPosts: 10109
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I have crabby days too, Golf...I usually steer clear of everyone til it passes...and it does pass. If you are on meds and it lasts for more than a week it might take a call to the doc. It is the intensity of the mood that needs to be monitored...and the duration. Sometimes, a nap helps and finding some productive activity that I make myself do...like just now I dipped the dogs for fleas. Fun time...LOL but, I feel better that I did something positive.

Hope you feel better...hugs

06/22/2008 04:27 PM
KrissyH
KrissyH  

I do the same thing Norma, focus on the dogs lol. It really does feel good though and they appreciate it so much... Mine are DIVOS though and require the oatmeal bath, brushing, blowdrying, and trimming *rolls eyes* don't have a clue why they are like that lol

06/22/2008 04:34 PM
graphdsnmouse
graphdsnmouse  

Golf..weather definitely effects my moods...especially if it is too hot/cold to open the doors and windows. I have to have fresh air or I start feeling claustrophobic which doesn't help my moods either.

Sometimes I can't tell the difference between symptoms of BP or regular crappy days. Like Norma said...if it lasts more than a week I usually call the Med doc or get an extra appointment with my counselor.

Hugs

06/22/2008 04:48 PM
armymom8486
armymom8486  

Golf- The weather does affect my moods very much. If we have a nice shower I love it, but if it rains and rains and rains then I get pretty

blue. Like you when I feel that way I do focus on my dog. She is also a little diva. Cloths, jewerly, nail polish. Yeah pretty obsessed.Lol

Norma is right it is the intensity of our moods that need to be monitered. Usually if I can't snap out of it in a week my husband or one of my kids takes me to the doc. The fam calls it a medication malfunction.lol Hope you feel better soon-Jeanne

06/22/2008 04:53 PM
golferel
golferel  

Thanks guys - knowing someone is out there (and willing to comment) is terrificSmile Knowing anyone can pose a question and there is a lifeline there...WOW.

The rain and thunder is continuing tonight so maybe the blahs might stick around a bit longer. Tonight's plans include "Camp Rock" Disney's new kid movie. My kids keep the moods away too. Tongue

06/22/2008 04:57 PM
KrissyH
KrissyH  

I hope you can find a way out of the blahs hun. I know its easier said than done...

Armymom, what kind of dog do you have? My little ones are a Pomeranian and a tea cup Chihauha(sp) i never get it right lol. They are both boys, but I think they mght be leaning towards the feminie side of the fence....they love their massages, baths, clothes...the hair dryer is the biggest thing for my Pom, after a bath, he won't move an inch until after he has been dried and brushed, takes forever to go anywhere with these two!!!! lol

06/22/2008 05:05 PM
armymom8486
armymom8486  

Krissy-going over to the doggie thread. Meet me over there k? Jeanne

06/22/2008 07:46 PM
lobo
lobo  

Hey golf, sorry to hear it girl. It's really tough to tell sometimes what is chemical or circumstantial. These days the meds seem to be okay so I usually start diggiing to see if something has triggered my blues and most often I can come up with something. The problem I have with being BP is that it intensifies my feelings and I find more and more triggers than I used to have. It never used to bother me to watch reruns of Home Improvement...hey, there's some really sad stuff on there. I also gotta quit watching the WE channel (can't believe I admitted that). I got down in the dumps last night watching a comedy called "Just Friends" and before I knew it, it was smacking close to home, but I had to hang in to see how it ended. Ended much better than mine ever did in that circumstance. Anyway, it's amazing how little tiny triggers can accumulate and unexpectedly catch up to us.

You mention the teary thing. When I start getting down or anxious for a few days then it's usually an accumulation of stuff and I know a good cry is on it's way.

Hope you feel better...Kleenex is on sale at Walgreens. Actually, I hear that PufFs plus with lotion is better for your nose...not that I would know...I just heard about it. I do like the blue floral box...not that I would ever buy one...just noticed it while waiting on my prescriptions to get filled.

Post edited by: lobo, at: 06/22/2008 19:51

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved