MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/30/2009 01:31 PM

Advice needed

LisaW64
LisaW64  

So my husband has asked me for a divorce, and he has a girlfriend. He has been spending money like crazy on her, leaving me broke. Since I don't work, I get all my support from him. He has started giving me an allowance of $200 a week so that I can move out. Well, today I balanced our checkbook, and there is no money in it. He is going away with her for the weekend, and he had the nerve to ask me to give him some money so that he can play this weekend.

Part of me wants to avoid the conflict, and give him some money, and part of me says no, don't give him money to be with the slut / home wrecker he is with.

What do I do?

Post edited by: LisaW64, at: 12/30/2009 01:32 PM

12/30/2009 01:34 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Oh my I am so sorry for the situation you are in. I cant even begin to put myself in your shoes. My instinct tells me to take care of yourself first and do not give him the money! You need to think of you, like he is thinking of him. I wish you the best of luck and if you ever need someone to talk to I am always here for you. Hang in there. Big Hugs, Stacey Smile

12/30/2009 01:38 PM
YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

No, don't give him any money. Sorry in advance, but my first reaction is, "Is he insane?". I can't believe that he even asked you for money. How incredibly insensitive.

Please do not blame his behavior on bipolar. I don't know if he is or you are, but bipolar comes with all of the flaws that a person would have if they weren't bipolar.

12/30/2009 01:47 PM
LisaW64
LisaW64  

I am the one who is bipolar. He can't stand it that I am "sick". I told him it was just like cancer, and wished cancer on his girlfriend so that he would leave her when the sickness happened to her. That pissed him off.

I think I will give him $150 and tell him to have fun, and not to over draw the account. But then he will have to pay me interest. He doesn't like the interest I charge. LOL

12/30/2009 01:50 PM
YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

You're a bigger woman than I am. I guess that since you are getting your income from him, you can afford to share. Smile

(((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))

12/30/2009 01:51 PM
ForeverJaded

I apologize also, but WTF? Asking you for money? That's like asking you to support him and give him permission to have an affair. That's pretty messed up on his part!!!!!!

Don't give that may a dime! (Sorry to be so strong on this!)

12/30/2009 01:53 PM
HelpEr82
HelpEr82  

i would never give him money. i would be so outraged and mad. my ex husband left me for another woman almost 4 years ago when i was 8 months pregnant. with 3 other kids in the house. then i found out she was pregnant and toold them i'd give her a coat hanger abortion lol

to each their own i guess Smile

12/30/2009 01:55 PM
TexasYankee
TexasYankee  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

If it were me, I sure as hell wouldn't give him the money. His choice, his problem.

Sorry to hear that you are going through this. Like life isn't hard enough as is. {HUGS!}

12/30/2009 01:55 PM
MissStacey
MissStacey  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I dont think you should give him anything but its your decision. I still think you should be thinking of yourself not him and his girlfriend for a weekend away to boot, oh my Lord!

12/30/2009 02:06 PM
pirateprincess421
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

It's your money!!! You need it to get yourself an apt. Don't give him a cent.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved