MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/12/2013 06:46 PM

Just took 2 mg of Xanax and 5 mg of Ambien by accident is this ok

sweetsunflowergirl
sweetsunflowergirl  

Yes, I know how stupid this sounds. I got distracted while I was taking my meds. I normally take 10 mg of Ambien and 1 mg of Xanax before bed if I really need it...I should be okay, right?

10/12/2013 06:59 PM
ZadieBlue
ZadieBluePosts: 4547
VIP Member

I'm not a doctor, so you shouldn't listen to anything I say. I think you'll be ok and it's good you took less Ambien. Go to sleep now, don't risk anything by staying up. You may be groggy tomorrow morning? I once made a similar mistake only I took one pill out if the vile and then put the contents of the vile in my mouth accidentally -- dozens of pills. Thankfully I realized this and spit them out ...

It's hard answering this question without getting censored. See you tomorrow Laughing.

Z

10/12/2013 07:05 PM
sweetsunflowergirl
sweetsunflowergirl  

Okay, I understand, I had a feeling I may be treading on censorship issues so I was a little nervous posting it. If it goes against any rules I certainly understand if it has to be removed. Thank you, ZadieBlue! Smile

10/13/2013 04:42 AM
sweetsunflowergirl
sweetsunflowergirl  

Well, I survived, lol. I actually slept for the first time in four nights, not that I'm going to go out of my way to over medicate again. It was nice to actually sleep though.

10/13/2013 04:51 AM
sarahtroy
sarahtroy  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

sweetsunflowergirl, I'm glad you survived and feel OK. A better sources of advice in the future would be to call a 24 hr. pharmacy or an ER for advice.

We don't censor on MDJ. It's just that members may not provide medical diagnosis, treatment (i.e. meds), or professional medical advice, per the terms and conditions of membership. We are a support board and cannot address specific medical issues unless they are from our own point of view as a bipolar patient who has had the same. or a similar, issue. We just want to steer you in the direction of seeking medical advice from professionals when these issues come up.

Again, I'm glad you are OK.

10/13/2013 01:49 PM
sweetsunflowergirl
sweetsunflowergirl  

Thanks Sarah, I did a little research and found a 24 hour pharmacy located not too far from me. How fortunate that these places exist. I am glad to know I that option incase something were to happen again in the future, though I hope I don't make that mistake again...whew...

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved