MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/02/2013 04:31 AM

seeing shadows

hannahell
hannahell  

i have been mildly to moderately elevated for over 2 weeks now ,it started after pretty long stress over series of bad things what happened .many small things went wrong so i got depressed ,when i went to doc for that,at the same time we got broken into,my cats got an pink eye ,issues with mother in law ,issues with stupid small paper,works,uncle is dying to a cancer,and now i realised that2 days ago , someone stole my clean undies off the rack where they were drying on my backyard,and yesterday i found pair of them from our frontyard next to our gate which was open ,no wind at all in few days and even with hard wind they cant go through those bushes to the other side of the house :/ i know they werent there day before because i did gardening with my husband :/ so this freaks me out . but pretty much almost 2 months of constant bad luck,big and small.so now im hypomanic,i dont sleep more than about 4 hours / night ,racing thoughts and all typical things.but now i see lots of "shadow people" from the corner of my eyes,and that makes me really jumpy .does anyone else see them? ive heard that they are pretty common in hypomanic/manic state.i told this to my pdoc today and she wasnt too happy :/ now i have to take xanax every day for a month till i see her again,because i cant have any other medication except lamictal.if they say that you killed a chinaman if you have a bad luck ,i think that with my luck i nuked few village full of them Laughing

hopefully your days are great!

05/02/2013 01:57 PM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I've never seen shadows I've been psychotic a long time ago and was paronoid saw hallucinations, etc...and had full blown mania, I'm glad to hear you saw your pdoc and they gave you xanax hopefully these shadows will go away. I wish you all the best.

05/02/2013 02:09 PM
Cthebird
Cthebird  
Group Leader

I've heard other people talk about seeing shadow images, but I've never seen them. I've been psychotic and had visual and auditory hallucinations but the images were quite real (sharp, colorful, and straight in my line of vision). I wonder if paranoia plays some role in seeing things like that. The mind can concoct various things when anxious or in a certain other state of mind. Hopefully the Xanax will help.

05/02/2013 04:53 PM
sarahtroy
sarahtroy  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hannahell, Why can't they try you on an antipsychotic?

05/02/2013 05:18 PM
queenbean
queenbean  

I've seen shadow people but not for a long time. It can be very disturbing. Mine were never menacing, just present.

05/02/2013 05:43 PM
hannahell
hannahell  

Ive seen them before too but just standing on front of me,but funniest thing was that my friend saw it next day even i didn't tell about it ,so figure out :/ sarahtroy,she tried once to put me on them ,and i got so bad reaction of it that i was in er next day after just one tablet ,and just one antidepressant might make me hypomanic in one night :/ even lamictal is perfect for me,i still cant tolerate it more than only 75mg .so i guess im bit stuck with this thing.after few pretty bad reactions,my pdoc and i decided not to try anything else for awhile.but i never had any bigger problems with bp ,im pretty well in balance .and i have type II so i shouldn't hallucinate too much,but im not really sure about that .im not too happy about having so much xanax ,i normally avoid to take it if i really don't need it.but oh well... i took 2 last night and i slept 10 hours ,so hopefully that helps a bit .cthebird.when im hypomanic usually my anxiety is really bad and maybe i have some sort of paranoia,def those shadows makes me jumpy and i really have that feeling that someone is there (i don't keep the lights on at nights even if im awake if i watch tv or something ,im pretty comfy like that) .hard to say .also interesting thing is that when i googled bipolar and shadow people there is plenty of forums discussing about this and same as paranormal pages,and many people wonder ,that can that chemical reaction in our brains make our brains more accepting to seeing things what "normal ppl " don't see.like psychic sees things.we use only 10% of our brains,so what if this reaction makes us to use our brains bit more or differently,prob we will never know .but its interesting .thanks so much for all your answers Smile

05/02/2013 06:57 PM
Yrollam
YrollamPosts: 2476

I see movement out of the corners of my eye that are there, kind of like a shadow. Plus I see full on visual hallucinations of things living and not. I hope you find some relief soon.

05/02/2013 08:04 PM
jaguarandcubs
jaguarandcubs  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I see shadows. Something running past my feet, something flying through my house. They startle me, but don't frighten me. And it's only because of that, that I haven't been put on extra medication. I hope you find relief from them. They can be disturbing. Unless of course you're like me and nothing much fazes you! lol

Post edited by: jaguarandcubs, at: 05/02/2013 08:04 PM

05/02/2013 09:49 PM
hannahell
hannahell  

im not afraid of them ,even they make me jump sometimes ,but they dont feel threatening,today has been better ,but i have had lots of xanax .this is pretty interesting in general,dont know does my mind trick me or is it something else Smile

05/03/2013 07:35 AM
Incomplete

Before i was first hospitalized (manic episode that lead to hospitalization) shadow people had been following me for several weeks. At first they appeared at different times in random places eventually they turned up everywhere as if they where tracking me, felt like someone or something was constantly watching me. Could feel there presense, hear them breathing, whispering and laughing, they began monitoring my thoughts to know when i had completed my research (i discovered time travel was possible) so they could steal it and silence me.

There have been a couple of other times (more than once but 3 at the most) i have experienced several month long durations of my mind playing tricks on me. With evading shadows and bright movements out the corner of my eyes, bizzare mis-interpretations of objects that i cant shake no matter how many times i look, halo's of light to kind of guide me, distortions in depth perception were i have been jumping back and ducking for cover from kamikazi birds that turned out to be flies, seeing pages of text with formations-patterns-shapes-colors mostly "meaningful-significant" other times there obvious signs-codes-hidden messages meant for me

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved