MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/22/2009 07:00 PM

getting older

lblair

Lately I have become afraid of living the rest of my life this way. I'm only 24 and I have so much more life to live and I don't want to do it this way!Unsure

11/22/2009 07:03 PM
ExyLexy
ExyLexy  

Dont be afraid..There is no reason. Why are you so scared?

11/22/2009 07:08 PM
Volante
Volante  

If you are looking for advice, please tell us a little more about what's going on with you. We care and want to help.

11/22/2009 07:13 PM
merryatl
merryatl  

Your right, you're 24 and you have much more to live, you have the rest of your life to make the life for yourself that you want. I am just now turning 23, and its depressing thinking that i'm going to need to take this medicine for the rest of my life, that i will be at risk passing it on to my children, ect. It doesn't mean the rest of your life can't be amazing. BP ppl are smart, creative.. easy to love.. among a million other things. We have so much more to offer than we're aware of. If you're unhappy at this point in your diagnosis, things can only get better from here if you do the right things. Smile) you are not doomed to a life as a bipolar. You have the ability to overcome it and in turn be that much stronger. Things won't suck forever, don't let a bad moment forecast the rest of your life! go have fun!

11/22/2009 07:14 PM
lblair

It's just my cusin just had his 40th and it just got me to thinking about it. most of the time I only think one day at a time so I guess seeing a bigger picture freaked me out.

11/23/2009 01:45 AM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

lblair it sounds as if you are not as stable as you can be. Lots of people that have bi polar leave enriching, healthy and happy lives. This is not a death sentence or a sentence of constant unhappiness. Once you find the appropriate med combination and get the therapy you may need- life can be great. Expect your life to be great!

11/23/2009 04:23 AM
ExyLexy
ExyLexy  

I agree.. Once you become stable (i feel far from it lol) you are able to live a happy life. Bipolar disorder yes it is forever, but if it is under control than you have nothing to worry about.

Do not stress over this enjoy life while it is still there.

11/23/2009 05:22 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I used to spend time thinking about it, too, and I would cry over it at times. But as I have gained stability it's not so much an issue anymore. I've had bipolar for years, though only being diagnosed five years ago. I am middle aged and I have good years ahead of me and so do you. Don't let fear of the future rob your present. Medications will stabilize you and then you will differently about it.

Post edited by: uppitywoman, at: 11/23/2009 05:24 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved