MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/01/2012 01:45 PM

club house model for mentally ill

mem7826

After seamingly the longest time I found this place called Vail Place. It was formed after Dr. Vail had this idea of decreasing the need for facilities to care for the mentally ill by creating a place where we can help each other. With over 300 such places all over the world anyone who wants to join is welcome unless you're a criminal. Funded by philanthropists and supported in part by the county the building is in. We can gather to help each other reach our goals. We share our knowledge and talents with each other. For example I'm rusty at golf, specifically driving. I can get some free lessons from a club member. Or I can get a free ticket to our state fair! I can also hunt for jobs on the internet or seek out housing.

There are some county offices housed within the building to off set the cost of running the building. Unfortunately it is located on the opposite end of our city from where I live. I am now celebrating the possibilities.

09/01/2012 10:38 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

That sounds like a great place to go to. Helpful.

09/02/2012 06:33 AM
norma
normaPosts: 10109
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Check it out!!! Sounds like a good support place.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved