MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/23/2010 11:15 AM

Any happy endings so far

broken626
broken626  

I was just wondering if anyone has been through what I have, BP DH leaving when manic, saying he does not love me anymore and had a happy ending. Did your DS come back and realize what they had done? Is there hope that my DH will realize what he has done?

07/23/2010 11:29 AM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16950
VIP Member

Mine has done this many times-he has only actually physically left the house twice but emotionally he has told me many many times those very same things.

I go through all of the emotions of losing my husband and needing to face raising my kids on my own and then several weeks later he admits I'm not so bad or sometimes just acts as if nothing even happened. It's an emotional nightmare, I am scarred.

We are still together we still have the "issues" that reemerge from time to time but we have been together a total of 19 years and have four children.

Damsel

07/23/2010 11:41 AM
broken626
broken626  

Thanks damsel, it is so nice to hear that, it gives me hope. Although I am not sure at this point if that is good or bad for the long run. But for the right now pain, it helps it feel better. Did your DH ever hate you? Mine does. He can not accept the fact that I called 911 when he told me he was going to kill himself. It his eyes it was vengful and done to hurt him.

I am also wondering if it would be a good idea to share what is really going on with his family.

Post edited by: broken626, at: 07/23/2010 11:55 AM

07/23/2010 11:50 AM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16950
VIP Member

A friend of mine warned me that if you turn in a person with bipolar disorder they will never forgive you-it's just hard to say that was one person's opinion but he does know a lot of people.

Damsel

07/23/2010 03:28 PM
broken626
broken626  

Post edited by: broken626, at: 10/21/2010 11:13 AM

07/23/2010 07:00 PM
livinginablender
livinginablender  
Group Leader

it has been my experience that he cones back, and is ok for a time, and does it again. and again.

07/23/2010 07:37 PM
broken33
broken33  

My ex left and came back 3 times while in an episode. Two of the three times he was sorry. I wish you all the best

06/24/2011 01:15 PM
hikkira

My ex left 6 times, this being the 6th time he has left and this time he has told me that it is for good, like he said the other times. Its hard but i try really really really hard not to think about what he is doing and if he is ok. All i can do is stay focus on whats important for me right now and hope that he comes back realizing what he has done to me.

06/24/2011 01:28 PM
behindthemask

kira,, move on - he is stringing you along hun,, and IT WON'T GET BETTER. You deserve better - look for someone who complements you not treats you like dirt!! That's what he is doing, no respect at all for your feelings!! Oh my the nerve of some guys.. he's using your place as a "bed and breakfast" - can you see that? 6 times? Don't let him come back a 7th!! Move on and find a GOOD MAN who will treat you right. And may I suggest getting a counsellor for yourself, to address the hurt you have been thru... Otherwise you will carry all that into the next relationship - not healthy... I say this in love! xoxo!!!

06/24/2011 01:39 PM
patientlove
patientlove  

broken, DH said he didn't love me anymore and left while manic. I got him to go to marriage counseling and he came back after several months of counseling and medication, but we're still struggling. I don't know if there will be a happy ending or if I will be next to leave. BUT, the reason I posted was because I know how you feel, I know the hurt and confusion. It's not easy, but you're not alone.

I told DH straight out that if he tried to hurt himself I would call 911 and his parents. He said he would be really mad and I said: I don't care. I need to remind him of that, since he's been down again.

I'm looking for my own therapist right now to deal with everything at the suggestion of BTM, married, lollipop, RTW, and many of the other people on this site. I suggest you do the same.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved