MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/13/2012 07:22 PM

I saw him today....

HRgirl

So I heard from my bi-polar boyfriend for the first time in a month yesterday. I met with him this afternoon to exchange some of our stuff and the meeting did go kind of well. He is finally back at work after being on disability due to his bi-polar for almost four months. His work has forced him as a point of his being back at work to be seeing a psych doctor which is great. We talked for about half an hour and I did tell him that I am still here for him and that he needs to get himself healthy and that we can deal with our relationship and/or friedship once he is feeling better. It seemed like the right thing to do and the thing that I wanted to do but now I'm just worried that 6 weeks or 6 months or even 6 years I'm going to be sitting here waiting to hear from him and that he's feeling better and can finally talk about "us". Am I crazy for saying I would wait?

04/14/2012 05:51 AM
forfor
forfor  

Love is not crazy. Love is kind. If it were me , I would not wait. When they are trying to get well by doing all sorts of healthy things, waiting is a good choice. I am married and if he is trying I will too. If I were not married and I knew what I know now, I would high tail it quickly the other way looking for someone kind. Love is not crazy.

We all walk in our own shoes. I wish you happiness however you choose!

04/14/2012 07:25 AM
HRgirl

Thanks forfor!

04/14/2012 09:20 AM
chelle005
chelle005Posts: 2471
Group Leader

well only you can say how long you will wait. when you are ready you will let go. if he has not tried to establish a healthy relationship with you,you owe him nothing and move on .

04/14/2012 05:06 PM
HRgirl

Thanks chelle you are always very wise!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved