Group Leader

hump day.

we are half way there.

Silly

03/28/2012 12:20 PM
Catbaloo
CatbalooPosts: 6811
Group Leader

HOPe everyone's having a happy Wednesday.

03/28/2012 01:22 PM
hythloday
hythloday  

I've had a great Wednesday so far! One of my great students who stopped coming to class for a week--she had emailed me that she was having mental health issues and bad reactions to medications--came into my office to apologize profusely for missing classes and she asked for extra work to make up for absences. I told her this was all very familiar territory for me: we talked about managing stress, etc., and I said, glancing at my gradebook, "jeepers, I must have forgotten to take attendance that week, so I'm going to assume that you really were in class--no extra work, just get through the semester...." Glad that my experience of an upsidedowninsideout home life could ease some of her troubles.

Oh, and my youngest had a kickass report card (despite all the turmoil at home).

Post edited by: hythloday, at: 03/28/2012 01:24 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved