MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/26/2012 04:20 PM

New Here, need support

alwaysonedge

hi all.... I'm brand new here. although not knew to bi polar disorder.

I have been married for almost 17 years & my husband was diagnosed 11 years after our marriage. He has been on medication ever since, but still is having trouble. Last year he self admitted himself to the hospital as he knew he was manic.

My issue now is he hasn't been sleeping well for days, alarm bells go off when that happens. Then he started spending lots of time on the computer. I walked by yesterday & saw that he was looking up about ketamine. I looked into it & freaked out!Sad

I asked him about it & he said that he wasn't going to buy any, he was just curious about it & the new discovery of this drug helping those with bi polar. Because I have dealt with his bi polar for so many years I tend to never believe him, he is very good at lying & I have been through everything, from jail to being locked up in a mental facility with him.

Things have been going fairly well but now I'm stressed again. He obviously does not feel well or he wouldn't be looking into these things. He hides so much from me, even though he vowed to always be honest. I'm just so tired, I'm tired of being strong, of being suspicious, I just want us to be happy, is that so much to ask?

thanks for listening, it helps to wrote things down.

03/26/2012 04:55 PM
livinginablender
livinginablender  
Group Leader

welcome to the group nobody joins on purpose.

turn on some music and dance.

seriously

dance.

03/26/2012 05:10 PM
alwaysonedge

but it's too hard to dance when you just want to cry Unsure

03/26/2012 07:36 PM
chelle005
chelle005Posts: 2466
Group Leader

It is ok to cry. it cleanses the soul.

but do not lose yourself in his problem. there is a reason why they tell you to put the oxygen mask on yourself first.

03/26/2012 07:44 PM
hythloday
hythloday  

For what it's worth, there is evidently some research on ketamine in bipolar depression. It's something to take up with the psychiatrist, though.

Maybe you can open up a discussion with him about depression. Good luck!

03/26/2012 07:50 PM
alwaysonedge

thank you ladies

I did read about the ketamine, I just fear he may have tried it without consulting his Dr if I hadn't found out about it first....I'm just so tired of feeling like his mother, keeping my eyes on him all the time..our marriage is so one sided, with me getting nothing of what I need out of it, so sad

03/26/2012 08:26 PM
livinginablender
livinginablender  
Group Leader

dance

and cry at the same time.

its possible

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved