MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/17/2012 10:21 AM

How much more pain can he inflict

LindaCarter7
LindaCarter7  

He has apparently posted pictures of himself and his girlfriend all over facebook and is seriously smearing me, all my "friends" agreeing that I am a psycho bitch, a kidnapper, taking his child, telling him to get a lawywer etc. Please someone tell me is this part of mania? He is normally not an evil or mean person at all, he is quite diplomatic about matters. I cant take anymore pain, for the love of all things holy, cant he crash and come back to reality?

01/17/2012 10:31 AM
Catbaloo
CatbalooPosts: 6829
Group Leader

I'm so sorry, Linda. Mania stinks.

01/17/2012 10:42 AM
LindaCarter7
LindaCarter7  

Does that sound like a manic series of actions Cat?

01/17/2012 10:44 AM
WARHORSE
WARHORSE  
VIP Member

Linda: He will eventually crash and burn.... This is why I don't do 'Facebook'. Or have text messaging on my cell phone. I don't want this much contact with another human being.

I am a dinosaur from older days. I don't think all this 'instant' contact is such a great thing.

01/17/2012 10:56 AM
LindaCarter7
LindaCarter7  

I dont have him on my FB, and he disconnected my phone. So I have no way of seeing any of this but true friends who are angry at his behaviour tell me what he is up to. Its disheartening. So this DOES sound like mania? My god it must break and crash soon because its been like two months now

01/17/2012 11:07 AM
Catbaloo
CatbalooPosts: 6829
Group Leader

I can't say for sure if it's mania or not, Linda. I'm no expert. I do know that if it is mania, it can last for a long time. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I know that's not what you want to hear.

I truly am sorry that you are going through this. My advice is to think about what is best for you and your child because this behavior may continue for quite some time.

01/17/2012 11:12 AM
WARHORSE
WARHORSE  
VIP Member

Do your 'best friends' have your true interests at heart???? (I don't have any anymore.)

I agree with Cat. Mania can be long-lasting.

01/17/2012 11:30 AM
DrDiva
DrDiva  

My husband has been manic/hypomanic for basically a year now. I don't even remember his normal anymore, if there ever was such a thing. It is so painful to watch and hard to take their smear campaigns and jabs. Don't let him get in another knockout punch now that you know what you are dealing with. Get your family 100% behind you and get them to help you sort things out when you are having difficulty thinking straight. Get some new friends, cherish the old ones who don't but his bs, and know that he will continue to make bad and demoralizing decisions as long as he is in this state. Don't leave yourself open. You don't have to divorce him, but act as if you are going to be separated for a long time and get your personal finances and such in order. When there are breaks in the battle, try to get him to agree to close joint accounts, etc. My bank was super nice (Bank of America) and listened to my story and helped me tremendously in this difficult to understand situation. AMEX was amazing too.

Mind your p's and q's and wait for him to crash. Then give him Warhorse's RULES and see who's wearing the pants now.

01/17/2012 11:37 AM
LindaCarter7
LindaCarter7  

I think he is going bonkers knowing I have his son and he already lost his daughter also bc of his bad decisions and he is trying to like wrestle me into coming home. What for so he can humilate me to my face? Nah. Not putting up w that. Thank fuck for xanax. This has to be mania, it really has to be. Fuckin hell he needs to crash soon he HAS to crash soon.

01/17/2012 11:49 AM
DrDiva
DrDiva  

I'm sure it is Mania. It is so crazy making trying tyo convince anyone who doesn't know anything about the disorder though!

If he loses his kids because he is an asshoile, so be it. They don't need an f'ed up Dad aroujd them, who brings random women into his life and goes off to do God knows what when he's manic. Stupid is as stupid does.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved