MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/18/2011 01:14 PM

Fault? Disease vs the Person........

mem2514

Its been since June 2010 since the last time I was at home with my bipolar wife and now going through a nasty divorce. All this time, I would always come in her defense telling people that the reason she is behaving with so much anger and hatred is as a result of her disease. Maybe I have been in denial all along.... trying to preserve the wonderful person I thought she was. Or maybe, I was so blindly in love for so long that she had flaws I did not want to see. After all that I have gone through....after the way she has treated me, my son, our family, her father, my parents.....I can only conclude that though this illness may confuse their judgment, that sometimes people are EVIL, plain and simple.

I no longer see my ex to be wife as a wonderful person with an illness...but as an evil destructive beast who will do anything to destroy who I am and rejoices at my suffering and would celebrate like the fourth of july if I were to die a slow painful agonizing death. Yes, EVIL exits....and it may be closer than you think. Do not get blinded and do not stay in denial using every excuse to protect that person you once loved. They may not be worthy of your protection nor worthy of your care. You are much too important to waste your life on someone who only wishes the worse for you every waking day. I only fooled one person in the last 18 months in believing in her....I fooled myself. EVIL exists....don't let it destroy you.

God help her and God help her soul....because I do not think anyone else can here on Earth.

sadsad

11/18/2011 01:20 PM
mem2514

BTW, this conclusion only applies in my case....only you can conclude if your bp spouse is a victim of a disease, EVIL, or little bit of both. Good luck figuring it out....

sadsad

11/18/2011 01:31 PM
kneecie
kneecie  

I believe in Evil!! some people are truly evil with or without a mental illness!!

Post edited by: kneecie, at: 11/18/2011 01:32 PM

11/18/2011 01:55 PM
livinginablender
livinginablender  
Group Leader

I know what you mean sad

i have looked into the eyes

of evil

while flat on my back in the mud.

they were black as coal.

11/18/2011 03:51 PM
sososad51
sososad51Posts: 2388
VIP Member

Oh, yes... I have met evil as well. Pure evil.

11/19/2011 06:52 AM
Lena
LenaPosts: 578

Sadsad, your conclusion applies in my case too.

11/19/2011 09:23 AM
bknob007
bknob007Posts: 29

Its crazy...i do think this illness is evil. And i also it shows the weakness of mankind. They may be sick and may not want to act in a healthy good way, but thats no excuse. They can control themselves. I have a bipolar friend who tells me over and over my wife is no good because she doesnt even try to get better or control it.

You see it all around in the world. The truly great people dont let illnesses or handicaps stop them from anything in life and they dont use them as excuses.

Post edited by: bknob007, at: 11/19/2011 09:28 AM

11/19/2011 09:30 AM
sososad51
sososad51Posts: 2388
VIP Member

Yes, it is very irresponsible to not manage your illness. Not be committed to stability.

The illness never ceases to amaze me. The utter destrcution and mental anguish it leaves in its wake...

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved