MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/04/2011 12:25 PM

is bp the reason for losing contact with family?

lindiloo
lindiloo  

can anyone tell me if the reason my husband has lost total contact with his family is because he has bp? I told him this is the case to help him feel less guilty. His Mum wont write to him or phone unless she has had contact from him first so its stalemate. Also do you think it would help him to have support from his family and make it easier for both of us or do you think it would make it harder? Sometimes i feel i need to share the problems with as many people as poss especially family. I have never been one to be open about things before until now, living years with a problem i didnt understand, blaming myself for his outbursts. Wassat

11/04/2011 03:18 PM
taylynn
taylynn  

family is probably in denial and doesn't want to deal with it or him.. my guess anyway.. my bp ex does not have a very close relationship with his family..he is crazy about his mom yet not close at all to his brother or sister.

11/04/2011 03:43 PM
lplp

I agree with above statement totally, family will blame you and just let it roll off you please, it is not your fault ,do the best you can , i know it is hard to handle .They do not want to have the stigma in family ,this is a real problem and i am experiencing it for the past year ,as i dont talk with her side at all because of things that happened. they blame me and they can ,i have big shoulders .

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved