MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/18/2011 05:28 PM

It's back!

taylynn
taylynn  

went to see the ex husband in the hospital today...

even on all these meds and slurring he managed to show his old self, the one I hate...

different look to his face....agitated, complaining...

he asked me what was wrong, I am not good at hiding my feelings, I just wanted to get the hell away from him..

when I told him yet again I only wanted to be friends he got into the blame game...when I talked to him about the walking on eggshells he tells me he feels the same way, that he has to walk on eggshells around me.(give me a break).all the guilt he had the last few months out the window...what a sick man he is.

time to go, visit over! in his usual old way, he wouldn't look at me,and gave me a stiff hug goodbye.

You know, I have been able to share my feelings and he be fine, now that he has gotten unstable again, I should have realized..I should not have brought any of that up...damn bipolar...Dizzy

09/18/2011 06:12 PM
sososad51
sososad51Posts: 2390
VIP Member

Wow, how emotional. I do feel bad for him. How old was he when he had he first hospitalization?

09/18/2011 06:24 PM
taylynn
taylynn  

i don't know for sure..he was diagnosed in his early 40's (almost 56 now) not sure if he was hospitalized prior to that time (i can't remember if he has told me this or not, probably not) he never wanted to talk much about it to me..

09/18/2011 06:33 PM
sososad51
sososad51Posts: 2390
VIP Member

Wow, it's just been getting so bad for him. It is true it gets worse with age. How horrible for him. How long is he going to stay in the hospital?

09/19/2011 03:49 AM
taylynn
taylynn  

he went in Wed..not sure when he will get out..thanks for asking Smile

09/22/2011 04:57 AM
taylynn
taylynn  

so ex SO called last night, FINALLY acting normal again..still in hospital, said they stopped the valporic acid (depakote) and started lithium 300 mg 2x day. we'll see how that goes..needless to say he doesn't remember several days, not surprised he was a mess...they are done giving injections of ativan too...good sign? lol, ughghh

09/22/2011 06:20 AM
hurtwife01
hurtwife01  

Taylynn,

My husband is on lithium too. I too hope it works. I'm working on getting him stable to tell him I no longer want the marriage and just want to be friends. I will support him, but he needs his own place. I will always support him emotionally. He is the father of my kids and I love him. I just no longer want to be with him like that. He will always be a part of my life. Smile

09/22/2011 06:22 AM
behindthemask

Wow,, he is having a rough time getting stable.. at least he is staying in there. I hope for his sake they get things right for him,, and he will take his treatment seriously... I'm sorry you are going thru the rollercoaster.. HUGS...

09/22/2011 06:28 AM
rollercoaster1625

I worry about my ex because of the whole '...gets worse with age'. I know we are no longer together but I was willing to be there for him no matter what... All I can say is...May God bless him and move forward with my day. =)

09/22/2011 07:34 AM
livinginablender
livinginablender  
Group Leader

Tay

that sounds like having a root canal.

I am sorry that you got hurt.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved