MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/09/2011 09:48 AM

ex boyfriend got engaged(page 2)

jeremygross
jeremygross  

It does sting and I know this. Mine left me a few weeks before thanksgiving no warning no nothing except a "dear Jeremy" letter on the door. Then 7 months later (no contact) starts texting and asking to see the dog which I politely refused and then moves out of state. To understand the mentality of their decisions equates to trying to read the Dead Sea Scrolls. The best thing to do is NOT dwell in the mire, to think that every day WILL get better. There are so many better people in the world who will not hurt you, not do the dumb stuff and try and make YOU feel like the guilty one. This is the hardest thing I have ever gone through (and believe me there has been PLENTY), but if anyone can be abandoned like I was and can still pick themselves up out of the ashes and make a life, anyone can.

04/09/2011 10:25 AM
jeremygross
jeremygross  

It does help indeed, if you look at the mess I was just a short 4 months ago compared to now the changes are astounding. Pain lingers and places still make me weepy at times when I think of the good times, but I stop myself and remember WHY I am where I am now and the strength comes back to me. Every day gets even just a minute better, it takes time and I am not healed 100% but I know that I am in a better place even if I am alone.

04/09/2011 12:28 PM
effie1959

That is a very good point : I wonder how it will take him to get bored with her/

That looks very much like him.

Still, it hurts a lot

04/09/2011 01:10 PM
Sherry58
Sherry58  

Effie,

Sorry for your pain. If it helps-be aware you are dealing with his sick mind-that can't function in reality- He just runs from one thing to another.

Do something nice for yourself -

Keep posting here -we will be here for you.

take care

Sherry

08/06/2012 09:47 PM
Lee4343

Don't feel too bad; my gf got engaged WHILE we were still kind of together! Just got a text saying that she was getting married. Wink I said, "okay... You know it's not a good idea, but it's your life." A month or so later she's calling me and admitting that I was right. I'm first and foremost her friend and support. Don't know if she'll ever be capable of having an intimate relationship... I may have been a little conditioned to it though, as my wife left me after 21 years and two kids, and I don't think she even qualifies as bp.... Took me about six months to process the hurt though. Hugs

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved