MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/31/2010 10:40 AM

Should I text the ex for New Years?

les777

I know this evening will be difficult. I'm still not talking to the ex...well I should say that she's still not talking to me. I realize she'll probably not text me back but should I text her Happy New Years anyway? I should also say that she didn't text for the anniversary, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc...Ok I think I may have answered my own question but still would like some input!!

12/31/2010 11:02 AM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16985
VIP Member

Send one out to everyone you know and include her if you want.

12/31/2010 02:33 PM
heartbreaks2009

Im going to be the odd man out and say no, dont do it. but that's just me.

12/31/2010 03:55 PM
rch

I agree with heartbreaks. Don't do it. Why do it? What is your honest to god reason?

12/31/2010 04:54 PM
fradeycat

I wouldn't either. But I can have a ral vindictive side to me. I don't care to be friends or even be civil with the guy that ruined my life.

12/31/2010 06:41 PM
Iluvmy5

I say no. I agree with Rch. What's the point?

01/01/2011 01:29 PM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16985
VIP Member

I'm curious as to what you decided.???Smile

01/01/2011 07:37 PM
les777

Ironically, an hour after I posted this discussion topic yesterday, my sister texted me and said that she drunk-texted my ex the previous night. She wouldn't discuss the content of the text messages but she said they were pretty mean. Apparently, my ex responded to my sister and asked her to stop sending pointless, late night texts. (My sister is a lot younger, has good intentions, and was just trying to stick up for me but I was essentially horrified.) My ex has a tendency to want to sabotage if provoked so I texted her back and apologized for my sister's behavior, and told her that I had no idea she was sending inappropriate text messages. I let her know that I asked her to stop and I included the phrase, "Happy New Year." The ex texted back, and thanked me for letting her know and then said "for what it's worth, I wish you and your family a happy New Year." Of course when I told my friends about my texting, they told me that I shouldn't apologize to her for anything. I don't know what to think about all of this. I'm sure my sister is hurt by my ex's behavior. She considered the ex a part of our family and as a sister in-law. I guess I shouldn't have to apologize for my sister. She has a right to her feelings...

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved