MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/28/2010 12:30 AM

ok, i have calmed down now.

livinginablender
livinginablender  
Group Leader

I dunno...should I be glad that SO is doing better and AND HAPPY AS HELL that he will be released. OR...sad as hell cuz he is gravely disabled...and being released. OR....mad as hell cuz this is super stupid that they wanna release him...OR .....take the zanax in the bottom of my purse next to the bottle of his teeth. I dunno ? Discussion ?

07/28/2010 04:50 AM
norma
normaPosts: 10109
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I haven't commented on your posts but have been reading them. I can understand your frustration. My son recently had a manic episode. It included violence. Went to the hospital and after 20 hrs decided he wanted to come home. He lives with us. Make a long story short we are living from day to day. He is medicated. We work closely with his psychiatrist and each day is different. He is making progress gradually but, it takes time. We have been down this road before.

I hope it gets better for you, sweetie. Remember you did not cause the problem. You are not the problem. You can't fix it. Here is a suggestion. Just try not to react to his preposterous ideas. Go on with things as anyone would. Don't get sucked into his sickness.

I am thinking of you and hoping the best for you.

07/28/2010 06:02 AM
BeagleMama
BeagleMama  

I know it sounds trivial, but you really do need to take deep breaths and try to live one day at a time. You can feel all of the above emotions at once. None of them are wrong.

07/28/2010 07:30 AM
livinginablender
livinginablender  
Group Leader

Post edited by: livinginablender, at: 08/01/2010 09:52 AM

07/28/2010 08:00 AM
sallyo
sallyoPosts: 3684

Vent away! Take deep breaths. Take it One Day at a Time. Do what you need to do for yourself to be healthy and happy. I'm so sorry for all that you've had to go through recently. It's amazing that they're willing to believe him, just for bed space!? he pdoc is bound by his request, but that just sucks big time that you can't talk to her. Maybe you could get a therapist for you, and have the 2 docs talk? I don't know; just a thought.

My boss went through something similar with his soon-to-be-ex bp spouse. She was committed, spent a couple of weeks in the hospital, and manipulated the drs. They wouldn't even tell him when and where the hearing was, and she was released with no input from him. No wonder the mentally ill and their loved ones in this country suffer and are not getting the help they need. Long story short: he found her an apartment because she was causing havoc with his children.

Sending thoughts, prayers and hugs your way.

07/28/2010 08:51 AM
norma
normaPosts: 10109
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Seems like the criteria is if the person is a danger to themselves or others they stay in the hospital. I know we have been there with my son. Although, he is not a danger he still is not right. He is delusional, paranoid and withdrawn. And who is to say if from one minute to the next he might not get it in his head to hurt himself or someone else. It makes ME CRAZY to think about it. I have to take one minute at a time and just pray a lot. The feeling is so helpless. The only way to cope, for me is to just be thankful he is alive and at the moment functioning. Even if it is at a minimal level.

livinginablender...your name says it all, honey. It really is like that. I am thinking of you and hoping YOU are ok. Please take time to take care of yourself.

07/28/2010 08:55 AM
livinginablender
livinginablender  
Group Leader

I feel hopeless.

07/28/2010 08:59 AM
Melec

Hopelessness is lying to you. God did not lead you to this place to abandon you now.

And on a lighter note, since he's not bipolar, your problems are solved! I say you go along with this: "Wow. I'm really relieved to hear that. It's just marital issues? Huh. Go figure. You sorta pulled out that tooth for nothing, I guess, not being bipolar and all. Now, honey, don't go pointing that hair dryer at me and pretending it's a gun, only bipolar people do that, silly. Wow, think of how much time we're going to save, now that you can spend it doing normal things, like making me dinner and folding the laundry!...."

Big hugs honey.

Post edited by: Melec, at: 07/28/2010 09:18 AM

Post edited by: Melec, at: 07/28/2010 12:02 PM

07/28/2010 09:06 AM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16968
VIP Member

I think it all happened too fast.

As soon as you said he was pulling his teeth out I was like.....what? Next thing you know he's being admitted and they are saying...how..sick he is and you're getting the impression he may never come home.

Next thing you know you go to visit and they are saying he's coming home that he just has marriage problems.

Say what? Who wouldn't be a bit confused with everything that just happened?

I think you need to go to the Kangaroo hearing and ask the judge if he can piece that one together for you cause you're not even sure how you're supposed to feel right now.

Ask if you're safe to go home with this man or are you going to wake up with a pair of pliers coming at you cause he's decided your teeth need to come out too!

Damsel

07/28/2010 09:20 AM
livinginablender
livinginablender  
Group Leader

Post edited by: livinginablender, at: 08/01/2010 09:46 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved