MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/14/2010 09:11 AM

Got a response!!!!(page 6)

Lena
LenaPosts: 578

tcia, I am wondereing why can't they be a bit more unique. My ex had pretty similar rebellion discussions with me. It went like: I always wanted to do this and that, you are not going to stop me now, and blah, blah ... When this happened he was hypomanic or manic. Reading this stories, well, it is almost boring, they do and say the exact same things and have the exact same explanations for their whims ...

06/14/2010 12:00 PM
WARHORSE
WARHORSE  
VIP Member

Damsel: STOP IT!!!! YOU'RE KILLIN' ME!!!!!Laughing

06/14/2010 01:43 PM
sunday321

Well most of the bills he has mentioned are rubbish, he has no intention of sending any money. Told his Mum I wanted the separation!!! He says if he returns to the UK he will be put in jail. MIL thinks I should wait it out.......and that he doesn't know what he wants. Still not told her anything about woman or that she even has kids and her Dad lives there.

What I want to know is this.....unmedicated does it stay like this for evermore now? I know Lena has had this for nearly 2 years. My hubby obviously doesn't want divorce and can't understand that either.

06/14/2010 01:48 PM
WARHORSE
WARHORSE  
VIP Member

Sunday: The longer they go without meds, the worse it gets.... How long will he stay manic? Impossible to say.... Depends on their cycles--my husband's only last for several days, but it is not uncommon for some to stay that way for months, even more than a year.

06/14/2010 02:14 PM
sunday321

Thanks Warhorsey.

Do they know deep down then that things not right. When he finished with me he said "if ever I tell you to f* off, ignore it, I did that with my Mum years ago when I was ill before." I have tried to remember that but with all this ugly behaviour it is so difficult.

06/14/2010 02:16 PM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16968
VIP Member

It's just so sad what this illness does to the person and everyone around them.

Damsel

06/14/2010 02:46 PM
WARHORSE
WARHORSE  
VIP Member

Sunday: Yes, I DO think they know.... but they have to be willing to want to get help to FIX the behaviour and if they're not.... Then there's not much left to sweep up....?????

He was willing to tell his mother to ignore it if he told her in the past to F*** off?....Oh, way over bounds.....

06/14/2010 02:56 PM
sunday321

Yeah, beauty of it is he thinks nothing wrong with him.....everything else and everyone else is the problem! The only concern he has is for himself. What a selfish disease.

06/14/2010 03:12 PM
WARHORSE
WARHORSE  
VIP Member

Sunday: Truer words never spoken, my dear. It'z all about ME-ME-ME....

06/15/2010 01:40 AM
Lena
LenaPosts: 578

sunday, since my ex left me and our children, he has called me and told me twice that: Deep down he has always known that I am the only one for him. Well, these were short moments and only words. He has been acting in the very opposite way. I don't know what to believe, but I know that we must take care of ourselves now. What the future holds for us, we don't know, but I really know, that we must get as strong and independent as possible. Continue on the path of saving yourself!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 6 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved