MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/29/2010 06:43 AM

Got a response!!!!

sunday321

Gobsmacked. Texted ex today. Asked how he was and told him I had saved the house and got a job. He texted back straight away. First time he has ever done that, its usually 2 days later.

His response......hi I'm not too bad. Been worried about you and the house and didnt know what to do. Well done with the job. Hope the house goes well. Take care to all, best wishes.

What is that? Still in an episode? Friendly but I know saying awful things behind my back......

If it wasnt for all the other weird behaviour, I would be thinking he has been a jerk and not manic.

05/29/2010 10:23 AM
Imnoangel
Imnoangel  

That is odd, Sunday. It's almost like he's back to normal again, although you're sure he's not.

Perhaps in the back of his mind (even during this episode) he did actually worry about you guys and the home.

I am usually one to pick apart things like this when they happen in our life.

My best advice is to take it for what it is. A nice reply wishing you well.

The reason I say this is because you have such good things going for you right now and you need to be happy.

I'd hate to see you let down again. Then again, if he is coming out of his mania... then at least he knows you're still willing to communiate.

Oh, and job well done with the house and the job! So happy for you!

05/29/2010 12:23 PM
Lena
LenaPosts: 578

Sunday, I got some similar text messages and e-mails from my now ex, I don't know if they meant anything. It seems my ex never came out of the mania. My ex still acts manic, I don't know what it really is. I have no rational explanations. Don't let him mess with your head. Relay on yourself. You are doing well now, keep the focus on yourself and on your children.

05/29/2010 02:46 PM
sunday321

Thanks for replies.Yes I am the same and like to know what is what and pick the behaviour apart! I was just so shocked at the tone and friendliness, when I know what he is saying behind my back. His Mum had told me he had sounded upset when she told him the Baiiffs had been to our house, so I think it is true he was worried underneath about the house.

Still a stranger though and still with her. Like Lena, he seems to have just upped and started a new life and left all the loved ones behind.

05/30/2010 06:19 AM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16951
VIP Member

It always surprises me too how lucid my husband can seem at times during the middle of an episode. I just think they don't always fit the profile from the movie One who flew over the cuckoo nest.

I agree with the others-take care of yourself!

Damsel

05/30/2010 06:34 AM
sunday321

Ha! Loved that film.......and it was hubby's favourite!

05/30/2010 06:41 AM
damselndistress
VIP Member

We watched a movie yesterday about a homeless man that moves in a wealthy family?

Richard Dreyfess and Bette Middler?

He ends up screwing all the women in the house and encouraging the guy's son to come out of the closet?

Husband cracked up all through the movie enjoying it way too much and at the end announced that was him.

He said he had done the same thing in japan.

Had moved in with a wealthy family and stayed with them for a year????!!!???

05/30/2010 07:05 AM
sunday321

Oh dear. Not good is it? Would have loved to have seen your face though!lol

Week before hubby finished with me he was telling us about all the ships he had sailed in around the world in the Navy.......he had only done 6 weeks basic training in a boat at port - it didn't sail anywhere! He also knew I knew that!?

05/30/2010 09:04 AM
Lena
LenaPosts: 578

the manic mind is mysterious, my husband invented new hobbies and dreams and told me that he had always wanted these things (just never mentioned anything about them to me before) ...

05/30/2010 10:35 AM
damselndistress
VIP Member

This made me laugh Lena-sounds like a convenient excuse for something spontaneous.

Damsel

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved