MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/20/2010 09:13 AM

Can't Relax

nikibee

My husband just left for the day and usually I am able to use this time to relax a bit. Today, even though it is a beautiful Saturday morning, I am laying on the coach frantically trying to figure out how I am going to pay all the bills this month and still have money for food and gas and my husbands co-pays. Do any of you have similar problems relaxing, even when you have the chance? Any tips other then drinking? It's only 9:15! Tongue

02/20/2010 09:55 AM
dragonsblood
dragonsblood  

Take a bath

02/20/2010 10:40 AM
theexboyfriend

I find going for a walk or reading really helpful to relax.

02/20/2010 10:52 AM
damselndistress
damselndistressPosts: 16957
VIP Member

I am doing everything in my power to prevent another huge anxiety attack today. I find distraction works best. Get lost in something. If I just sit and think too much it sends me right over the edge. It's the weekend, cut lose and do something fun.

Damsel

02/20/2010 11:31 AM
nikibee

So I decided to go jogging, something that would make me so tired that I couldn't be stressed. Then I got a call from the gas company telling me I need to be around the house to wait for a technician who would come sometime between 10am and 8pm! So now I am stuck at home.

I did do some pilates from a dvd I had and I think I am going to craft for a few hours an watch old movies from the 50's. I was able to extend the payment for one of the bills I was freaking out about, so I get to feed us for the month after all.

02/20/2010 11:45 AM
damselndistress
VIP Member

It sound like you're coping nikibee, that's what it's all about.Smile

Damsel

02/20/2010 12:24 PM
nikibee

I did kind of snap at the gas company guy. I am hoping sewing will sooth my nerves. Do you have anything you can do that is crafty Damsel? I find that crafts really help me.

02/20/2010 02:49 PM
damselndistress
VIP Member

I am getting into the zen of connect 4 over here.Sideways

Damsel

02/20/2010 05:56 PM
Loyalty
Loyalty  

Oh ya, sometimes I wind myself up tighter then a top!! Always more bills then money! Kids always drive me nuts! House always needs cleaning etc....... most relaxing time for me is with my wife or in the gym, or with my wife in the gym!!!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved