MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/24/2009 07:38 AM

Hello

leogal4707
leogal4707  

Hi everyone, my sister in law is bipolar and just recently got her medication stable but I am here bc I think my mother-in-law may be as well. What are some signs to look for? She is like a vixation to my spirit and has caused my husband and I a lot of grief but we love her and care ab her mental health. Since my daughter was born almost 2 years ago she has been more manageable, but it is hard! please any advice would be greatly appreciated and wonderful??? Whistling

02/24/2009 07:44 AM
TerriTee
TerriTee  
VIP Member

Are the mother-in-law and sister-in-law related to each other? Sometimes (not always) bipolar can run in families.

Only a mental health professional can diagnosis your MIL, however. If you are concerned, you should probably try yo convince her to get an evaluation. Treatment and stability require the co-operation of the person.

02/24/2009 08:54 AM
leogal4707
leogal4707  

No, my sis in law is married to my oldest brother and my husbands mom is the one i think may possibly be bipolar. Is it hereditary?

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved