MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/31/2009 07:34 PM

adderall and bipolar

RobinF
RobinFPosts: 32

why in the world would a psychiatrist prescribe adderall to a sober alcoholic/bi polar person? It's giving speed to an addict and someone very easily addicted to drugs due to bi polar and it triggers mania!!!

11/01/2009 02:17 AM
rhon

I dont know but over 4 years ago mine got his hands on Wellbutrin and nothing has ever been the same since

11/01/2009 05:13 AM
RobinF
RobinFPosts: 32

my marriage of 33 years is ending and it all started when he started taking Adderall for Adhd, THEN was diagnosed with bi polar and he continues to take the adderal and he's a sober alcoholic! AND he's admitted to abusing it! This is insanity and very sad!

11/01/2009 06:25 AM
grafxbydiane
grafxbydiane  
VIP Member

RobinF, Oh yes Ad's are a big no no for those that suffer from bipolar. I know that mine tried to present to me and others that it was just plain depression to get AD's and that is all he was ever perscribed which is not true either .

Post edited by: grafxbydiane, at: 11/01/2009 10:10 AM

11/01/2009 09:28 AM
Lena
LenaPosts: 578

My ex-husband might be taking anti depressants too, that would explain the length of the mania.

11/01/2009 10:01 AM
rhon

HELLO !!! ITS SPEED

I cant believe people are coming forward. Ive been screaming about this like some lune

Yes, its speed. Why would u give someone who is rapidly cycling speed??

I dont know

Then ask why would they give someone rapidly cycling cocaine and you guessed it u get Wellbutrin

The drug companies Know- they knew all along

they are poisoning people with this shi...

we are losing loved ones. THis is poison

Please PM me Ive got a whole lot to say

I lost the love of my life to this crap and he is never coming back

11/01/2009 10:20 AM
grafxbydiane
grafxbydiane  
VIP Member

I do not get it though addreall is not a anti-depressant anyway it is used to help with concentration not depression and no where did i read it was used in treating bipolar depression . My son has ADHD and was on this and it did nothing for his concentration at all .

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved