MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/20/2008 06:09 PM

I think I don't have patience and it scares me

sweetsp81
sweetsp81  

I met my gf online and I knew she was bipolar. we spoke for 3 years and finally lived in the same city for the past 1. I didn't think much of her bipolar because i never thought that she portrayed any symptoms, boy was I wrong. My gf is not only bipolar but also diagnosed szchitzophrenic and I just went throught and still going through a horrible episode and I dont know if I am going to have the patience to do this or be able to be her supporter. Her family keeps it in the closet and acts like she will get fine and trust that she takes her medicine, when I just found out that she has not been taking any medicine for the past 2 years. I am a little scared on what I need to do. What do you guys think?

04/20/2008 06:17 PM
morningglory/oldglory
glory  
VIP Member

hi sweets, I think that if you decide to stay you should expect the unexpected. If your GF really loves you, she will get help and be serious about conforming to doctors orders. Mental illness is very serious and you can't take it lightly. Without medical intervention, my opinion is it can only get worse. You will not help her by saying nothing. The only way you can help is by making the first ground rule......get medical care. Best of luck, sweet, if you stay, you will need it.

Gloria

04/20/2008 06:34 PM
plugginalong
plugginalong  

sounds like they are a little too 'laissez faire' about a pretty serious issue. you have been led to think that things with BP are more or less 'simple' but, thinking such things while actually being faced with bp and szchitzophrenia? might be be like thinking because you have drivers-licence, you can now fly a plane.

coming here is probably a good start. get educated and you'll see that you need to make some serious decisions as to what to do.

04/20/2008 07:31 PM
morningglory/oldglory
glory  
VIP Member

plug.....may I ask you who is being flip about BP? Who are,"they"?

Gloria

04/21/2008 12:16 PM
morningglory/oldglory
glory  
VIP Member

OK Paul, thank you.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved