MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/17/2009 07:21 PM

Author David Oliver

superStamper

Has anyone ever heard of this guy - Is he for real - all it seems is he is trying to push people into buying his material to those of us who are hurting

06/17/2009 07:41 PM
TerriTee
TerriTee  
VIP Member

Hi, and welcome to the group. I've never heard of him, but found an old thread discussing him here. This is the link:

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/bipolar-support-forums/ general-support/22349-question-about-david-oliver

I hope it helps Smile

06/17/2009 07:43 PM
grafxbydiane
grafxbydiane  
VIP Member

I have heard the same that he is hawking a book

06/18/2009 08:03 AM
stamperben

He is selling his whole program for supporting a bp. I receive his newsletter in the email, all the links but the one for comments that day lead to the sales pitch. I haven't bought, but I keep reading what he says. My wife subscribes also, so that can allow us to discuss that topic. At least that's a good thing.

06/18/2009 08:12 AM
superStamper

Thanks for the info stamperben - I have been sharing hi info with my husband - but have not purchased any of his material - still thinking on it. Smile

06/18/2009 09:48 AM
stamperben

I don't know if you need to purchase from him. As he says, all the info is out there, it's just a matter of tracking it down. He says he's just compiled it all together in one place. Seems a steep price to pay for that. But then again, I don't know. If you do buy it let us know what you thing.

06/18/2009 10:12 AM
sallyo
sallyoPosts: 3684

I subscribed to his newsletter for a while, and looked at what he had to say. I wasn't that impressed because it seemed to me to be mostly promoting his book. If it helps someone, though, why not.

06/18/2009 10:21 AM
stamperben

hey superStamper, I'll tell you why I'm stamperben if you tell me why you're superStamper.

Okay, this is off topic but what the heck.

In the printing industry I would take a die of the image to be transferred and attach it to a hot plate on the press and then sandwich metallic foil between the die and the paper when the press closed up, commonly called foil stamping. Thus my name here.

06/18/2009 01:18 PM
miceelf

I went to his website, and it's TONS of stuff to read, but yeah, no real answers I can find, just leading to a sales pitch for his books/programs. However, I signed up for his emails, and have gotten a little bit from them (although the links invariably lead back to his sales pitch). I'll have to read more of them to decide if the info is really useful. So far, I've gotten a lot more help from books like Stop Walking on Eggshells (really for SO's of people with Borderline Personality Disorder), I Hate You - Don't Leave Me (also about BPD), Love Without Hurt, The Bipolar Survival Guide, and websites like this one.

06/18/2009 02:30 PM
superStamper

Stamperben - I am superStamper because I like to use rubber stamps to create homemade cards and such. I have doing this for around 10 years - thanks for the info on D. Oliver. Cool

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved