MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/21/2009 02:12 AM

new here need advice to help husband

taurus
taurusPosts: 2893

I'm the Bipolar wife and my husband is the poor uneducated (on bipolar)loving and wounderful man. I want to know what he's going through. And I'm trying to get him on this wsite but he can't type very well and he's embarressed about it. So if anyone can give me any insight into a normies mind I'd appreciate it greatly.

03/21/2009 10:20 AM
Ele

Taurus, I am new as well and bipolar. My goal is to gain perspective and tips on helping my family deal with my disorder. We are here for the same reasons I think. It is nice to see you here as well as on the bipolar boards.

03/21/2009 02:45 PM
heatherr
heatherr  

Hi Taurus! Kudos to you for trying to help your husband...most of us dont get that. I would buy him a book. There are many books on living with someone who is bipolar. The more I understand, the more UNDERSTANDING I am. I can honestly tell you that living with a bipoloar is the hardest thing Ive ever had to do in my life...there are days I dont think I can go on. Its refreshing to see someone who is aware and concerned. *hugs*

03/21/2009 10:28 PM
taurus
taurusPosts: 2893

Thank you. I love him so much and don't want to hurt him. If I can find out what's going through his head. I also want to help my kids who are bipolar also. Gary is my best friend and I don't want to lose it. I'm a true believer that any bipolar person can take control of their life with the help of their spouse. They can make appts and take their meds. If they really want to be well they 'll do whatever it takes to do it.

03/26/2009 08:19 AM
cozy1155
cozy1155  

A great book that I read was "bipolar for dummies". Its a very informative book for both the bp person and their spouse or family. I like you wanted to learn all I could, there is no better way to help someone than to learn what they go thru and the signs and symptoms.

Also a suggestion if he is comfortable with logging on this sight....let him read the posts and if he would like to post back you can help him with that.

I also agree that taking control of life for someone with bp is made easier sometimes with the help of a spouse or someone else supportive. My husband has been manic free for almost 2 yrs. and was told 3 wks ago by his doctors that its not about getting him better now its about keeping him better.

Also taurus i salute you for being the kind of person to stick by your hubby and support him.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved