MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/20/2009 11:21 AM

New here

Ele

I am the bipolar in my family. I have had the diagnosis for a year and a half but showed symptoms since adolescence. My 23 year old daughter and her 2 children live with me. I am joining this group to get a better idea of my her perspective on things. I am already a member of the bipolar support group.

03/20/2009 11:48 AM
heartbreaks2009

Hi Ele! I am the wife of a bipolar husband. My husband had been stable for 7 years and starting going manic almost 3 months ago. I am here if you need feedback or have anything specific you want to ask.

03/21/2009 10:14 AM
Ele

Thanks keepthefaith and heartbreaks, I am glad to be here. My family went through a lot with me prior to my diagnosis. I am 45 and did not get my diagnosis until I was 44. When my children were growing up, I would have years of stability interrupted by periods of instability and depression. They definately have been negatively affected by my bipolar. I wish I had been diagnosed earlier and been placed on medications but that did not happen. The only way I can try to make it up to them now is by staying on medications now and by trying to stay stable.

03/21/2009 10:35 AM
heartbreaks2009

I dont feel like my husband has anything to make up to me, but to just forge forward doing the best that he can. Thats all anyone should ever ask of you! Be proud of yourself! I look at my husband everyday and am very proud that he is sucking it up and taking his meds. I am sure to remind him of this frequently. We still have serious issues to work out with his disease, but I am proud of him, and you should be proud of yourself.

03/21/2009 11:20 AM
Ele

Thank you heartbreaks, your husband is lucky to have you. You are researching and finding out about his illness and getting support. That is great. I hope he stabilizes soon and things get back to normal for you and him.

03/21/2009 10:39 PM
taurus
taurusPosts: 2893

I am Bipolar with 2 Bipolar sons, my husband is the only sane one in the house. I want to understand what he's going through. I love him very much, hes my best friend and I don't want to lose that.

03/22/2009 07:12 PM
pasylvia

hi , its not easy liveing with people that have bipolar, when i got married my husband has panic attacks and i think he has some form of bipolar, but im trying to cope with it , my daughter was born with adhd and now at 12 years old has rapid cycling bipolar, i cant take it ant more!!!!!!! im liveing in hell, im walking on egg shells all the freaking time ,im going out of my mind ,,,,,,,,,,,i just went to the dr my self ,and was put on prozac,life sucks big time ,Sad i try to stay as far away i can from them, nothing makes me happy anymore, well thats my crappy life ,,,,,sylvia

03/22/2009 08:57 PM
taurus
taurusPosts: 2893

You should go to the Bipolar Support Group. This group can help you understand what they are going through, I'm Bipolar and have 2 bipolar sons.It was so hard getting them stabilized, I watched them suffer in agony You see they cannot help it, Until they are stabiized they have no control over their mo0d swings. It takes tremendous compassion and patience. They are gifted unique people. Don't give on them, please. You will be a bett4er person if you become ther advocate.

03/23/2009 07:19 PM
pasylvia

taurus i understand what bipolar people go though,but liveing with people that have it ,can suck the life out of you ,i love my family ,but i think i can do better with out them,bipolar makes them very cold hearted and selfish, i had breast cancer and and thank god its gone ,and when my daughter gets manic rage, she always tells me that she hopes i get cancer again and die, thats what im dealing with ,

sylvia

03/23/2009 07:22 PM
pasylvia

again i love my family very much ,and try to do the best i can for them ,but like i said i love them , but i hate being around them.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.sylvia

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved