MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/19/2009 03:17 PM

pot smoking bipolar wife(page 2)

heartbreaks2009

yes, there are the kids to consider. my own situation has weighed on me so heavily today and i have given my husband the ultimatum that if he continues to smoke we are through. he states he will go through the quitting process, but I am not jumping up and down here, its going to be a battle.

mcain, I would definitely rethink leaving your children in her care if she is doing drugs. If heaven forbid anything happened to them while under her care, you are also responsible for what happens, and that includes you being charged with child abuse. I could not live with that.

03/19/2009 03:29 PM
mcain

Nicely -

We will have to agree to disagree here but it is clear that the law is on my side when it comes to illeagal drug use...

03/19/2009 03:31 PM
heartbreaks2009

In general I dont think smoking weed is all that bad, but when it comes to children being around it and being taken care of while they are under the influence, it does border on child abuse, at least that is how it is defined in the state that I live. I myself do not smoke or do any drugs, but do not judge others that take a poke or two on occassion. the difference is the abuse.

03/20/2009 09:10 AM
niecy440

If my spouse expected me to stop I would and could. I don't find it to be addicting. No children should not be around drugs. But alcohol seems to be peoples drug of choice in front of their children hey it's legal. Look at all the problems that come with drinking alcohol.

03/20/2009 09:46 AM
heartbreaks2009

alcohol is legal. weed is not. CPS will not take your children if you are having a beer in front of your child, but they will rip them from your arms if you smoke a bowl in their presence. Im not even debating symatics regarding which is worse alcohol or weed. My family is fortunate to not have the additional stress of adding booze to the mix, but that isnt even the issue here. But I do agree that booze is worse than weed.

03/20/2009 09:55 AM
niecy440

Thanks

03/21/2009 07:40 AM
mcain

I'll agree too nicey - Alcohol can be worse but as heartbreaks points out - alcohol is not illeagal.

During a particularly manic time my wife would go to a bar in a small nearby town and drink and then smoke pot with the bar staff after close. Manic bipolar people don't need thier inhabitions lowered thats for sure. This combination led the wife to snorting coke in the parking lot of the bar with a man she didn't know. She was so messed up she didn't even know how she got home (she drove) and the next morning she thought that she had been taken advantage of. She made an emergency trip to the gynocologist who couldn't tell anything for sure (maybe it wasn't rape - perhaps she was willing, or perhaps so bombed that she couldn't put up a fight)... She didn't tell me about this until months later of course.... so she put my life at risk too.

I rather she stay away from both drugs and alcohol.

03/21/2009 10:39 AM
heartbreaks2009

My ultimatum seemed to get through to my husband. He has promised he would no longer purchase and smoke marijuana. I do believe him because his seems to be getting more stable day by day. We are going to get him a drug counselor or some sort of therapist if he IOP program he starts on Tuesday doesnt provide for it, but Im sure that they do.

I hope the same for you soon in the future mcain. (((hugs)))

03/21/2009 10:51 PM
taurus
taurusPosts: 2893

It's illegal, period. If you got caught with it there's a chance you could lose you kids. Not to mention have a record.I believe in medidcal marijuana for cancer patients, gluacoma, etc. Pot meake me manic and paranoid. It also interferes with you meds. You have every right to do what you want but I don't think you have the right to smoke pot in the same hous as your children live.

03/22/2009 08:09 AM
debm

Those suffering from mood disorders using mood altering substances, anyone see a problem?

d

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved