MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/29/2012 02:50 PM

My husband(page 2)

chelle350

thanks for the words of wisdom guys. I have a hard time finding the time to come on here even though i know it would help. His insecurities would make him believe i'm on here for different reasons than simple support. Today unfortunately is another one of those days. I was woken up from a dead sleep on a sunday morning as if I was the most evil woman on the planet. How dare i sleep til 11 on the weekend when i have no other reason to get up early. My home is clean, my son gets taken care of and gets to school everyday. I cook I bend over backwards to make not only him happy but to make our days go smoothly. Lately it's been wonderful. The man i married was back for exactly 29 days. No fighting. No negativity. And here we are again at square one. I even had the balls to book a cruise for the two of us. I'm scared of what may come. What once made me feel happy and excited at the thought of some time away without the wee one is becoming more and more a source of stress. All i can do is pray and take it one day at a time. Feel which direction the wind is blowing and act accordingly.

04/29/2012 09:13 PM
marriedtoit
marriedtoit  
Group Leader

Chelle, I humbly think that you need to change your strategy. Living with a volatile partner and trying to "feel which direction the wind is blowing" on any given day--THAT is no way to live!!!!

Some things are really crucial for people diagnosed with mental illnesses--they have to see a psychiatrist and make a solid commitment to do what it takes to stay stable. Your husband is not committed to stability. He is making excuses (the meds, the doctors). If he was maintaining his stability without meds, I would pat you on the back and cheer him! But it's not working! It is totally unconscionable to subject his family to this rollercoaster.

It is up to you what you will put up with, but I do not recommend the rollercoaster. It was NO way to live.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved