MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/22/2010 08:44 PM

Games

ennray

I have had it planned all week for the So to come and collect his things, I have finally packed them up.

He tells me today he cannot come because he is sick in bed wit the fl;u. I told him I would ring him on my next break, his phone was switched off.

What do I do? Is this just a game to him?

His family is down for the weekend. Should I contact them and ask them to collect his things?

04/23/2010 01:56 AM
sunday321

Hi ennray, so sorry you are going through this.

Games? I often wonder the same thing, but I don't think it is, I think somewhere deep down they don't want to face this as so final?? Don't know.

I'm having same probs but other way round. 5 months now and nothing back. When I went last month to collect some urgent things the anger from him was unbelievable. He says cant afford van but I have seen his bank statement. His says never returning UK but his Mum says he will come back with the van at some point and bring stuff back????? No wonder I feel mental.

Would it make him angry if you contacted his family? Or just leave it away it in a room somewhere. It is his problem and maybe it is all attention, so you have to keep contacting him? I would say if you really want his stuff out then contact the family - otherwise let him chase you for it.

Let us know how you get on. Sending you hugs. Sx

04/23/2010 03:38 PM
sallyo
sallyoPosts: 3681

My gut feeling is to have his family come get it, but Sunday's response is probably the better one. So sorry for your pain, both of you!

04/23/2010 09:05 PM
grafxbydiane
grafxbydiane  
VIP Member

ennray, if there is a mutual party that you can give the items to then that may work for you . This way you do not have to deal directly with him .

Post edited by: grafxbydiane, at: 04/23/2010 09:06 PM

04/25/2010 03:33 PM
sparks

i think hes afraid that if he collects his items then thats it FINAL no excuse to get in contact. why else would he switch of the phone. if this is what you really want and want to close this chapter in your life, then my advice would be to give his stuff to his parents. you obviously didnt come to this decision lightly and have your reasons for doing this. i admire your strengh, and you are right to do what is right for you.

good luck

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved