MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/05/2010 05:16 PM

My BP GF and her Infidelity(page 5)

grafxbydiane
grafxbydiane  
VIP Member

inourblood, Sounds like you have a good plan in place as to what you want to do good luck and keep us posted .

02/05/2010 06:19 PM
inourblood
inourblood  

Thanks broken33 and grafx. Smile

So...breakthrough evening I think. She crashed today. While a bit depressed I saw her real personality shine through. We had some very productive, honest conversation. We both agreed that trust will have to be established. We never had solid trust ground work to begin with. So this is absolutely new. We both were able to get some anger and emotion out without yelling as well.

We've established that we are "dating" exclusively. She will still be moving out on her own to gain some much needed independence. And I will do my best not to undermine her ability to get important things done on her own. We will definitely be pursuing therapy together. She will continue hers and her medication. And as said before I will be pursuing my own professional help as well.

More than anything we were reminded while talking of why it is we were together in the first place. We have the same goals, wants interests and personalities. We fir comfortably together in so many ways.

If we can both commit to the work ahead I have very high hopes.

The knot in my stomach has finally subsided. Worry not I still have every intention of going through with my list for next week! Smile

Post edited by: inourblood, at: 02/05/2010 06:20 PM

Post edited by: inourblood, at: 02/05/2010 06:21 PM

Post edited by: inourblood, at: 02/05/2010 06:22 PM

02/06/2010 05:59 PM
inourblood
inourblood  

Saw my dad today for the first time in seven years. Felt great.

On the relationship front...had some more constructive conversation. Made it a point to set expectations and boundaries. Which went surprisingly well. I really can't wait to see what could be accomplished with a counselor.

Good day overall.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 5 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved